Our school is a member of Ventrus, a group of Devon schools that actively collaborate to improve children's outcomes. As a Trust, Ventrus offers excellent career and development opportunities.
Bickleigh-on-Exe C of E Primary School is a very special place to work, in a beautiful rural location, with easy access from Exeter (20 minutes) and Tiverton (10 minutes). Our popular school is situated in the beautiful Exe Valley surrounded by farmland and the banks of the River Exe. The school enjoys extensive grounds, providing an outdoor education area, sports ground, pond and raised beds. Our dedicated team of staff and governors work together to create a school where there is a real sense of community and where teachers and learners can flourish. Our aims are straightforward. We strive to develop the intellectual, spiritual, moral, social and cultural needs of each child through high-quality teaching. We value the positive and sustained support of the parents to achieve this. Please come and visit us and see for yourself!
We can promise you a wonderful team of staff and highly supportive families. Our children are eager to learn and their behaviour is excellent. We have strong links through our multi-academy trust, Ventrus Ltd, and we enjoy being able to share expertise as well as offer school to school professional development.
We are seeking:
A teacher assistant able to demonstrate a patient, encouraging and driven approach who has experience of working with primary aged children.
Days and timings to be agreed at interview.
We are seeking someone who has:
• A growth mind-set; with the ability to instil this in others
• Motivation and determination to secure the best possible outcomes for all children
• Excellent communication skills leading to effective relationships with pupils, parents and other staff
• The ability to provide rich and creative learning experiences
• A personal philosophy which supports the values of the school
• Experience working with children
We can offer you:
• Friendly and supportive governors, staff and parents
• Motivated and enthusiastic pupils
• Opportunities to develop your skills within school and within our Multi Academy Trust
• In school and Trust-wide support and CPD opportunities
• Dedicated and committed staff
• Commitment to a broad and balanced curriculum
Ventrus Multi Academy Trust require all applicants to be eligible to work in the UK with no restrictions, as we are unable to offer sponsorship/work visas. You will be required to provide proof of Right to Work at interview stage.
Ventrus is an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure is required for this post.
All shortlisted applicants will be subject to an online search.
To apply for this role please submit your application online via the following link; https://bickleighschool.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/2923113 by 9am on the closing date.
Interview Date: Thursday 15th December 2022
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationMid DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
Grade C: £21,189 - £21,968 FTE (This will be paid pro-rata to reflect hours and weeks worked)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
12.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required