Required for September 2022, suitably qualified and experienced teachers to lead our middle school and upper school departments. Governors have recently approved a slight restructure as a result of an internal promotion and this has resulted in two new TLR2b posts of responsibility being created, both of which will join the SLT. Further details about the specific posts and Combe Pafford School in general can be found by visiting our website.
We will expect you to have excellent, up-to-date knowledge of the curriculum, teaching and learning, both in terms of planning, lesson delivery and assessment.
You will also need to be able to demonstrate the ability to work as part of a teaching team of highly motivated practitioners across school and to support the needs of all children.
The post requires someone who is an inspirational, reflective and creative teacher with a passion to improve the life chances of our pupils and make every child feel ‘special’, with excellent classroom management and organisational skills.
You will need to:
- Have excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and a positive attitude and be committed to sharing good practice;
- Be able to competently and positively manage pupil behaviour;
- Show initiative and creativity in your approach to teaching and learning;
- Be organised and efficient and demonstrate the ability to improve outcomes for children;
- Be thoroughly committed to safety and well-being for all our pupils;
- Demonstrate the aptitude to lead and work as part of a successful team liaising with parents and other visiting professionals;
- Exhibit a willingness to contribute to the wider life of the school.
Previous experience of working in a special school or specifically with SEN pupils is not essential. We are looking to appoint the right person to join our school. Appropriate training and support can be provided.
We positively encourage anyone considering applying to visit the school if they are able. Please telephone 01803 321805 to arrange.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS disclosure is required for this post.
Please visit www.combepaffordschool.co.uk for an application form.
Your completed application form should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply by noon on the closing date.