Ivy Education Trust is seeking to appoint two enthusiastic and motivated Teachers of Music to deliver exceptional teaching and learning to our students and help to deliver continued improvements in GCSE outcomes at Dawlish College and GCSE and post-16 outcomes at Teignmouth Community College. The successful candidate will model excellent practice and have students’ progress at the forefront of their teaching. They will also contribute to the extracurricular life of the schools. This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional teacher to join us and make a significant contribution to our schools.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an inspirational and passionate teacher;
- Be a professional who is able to work in partnership with parents and other stakeholders;
- Be experienced in raising attainment in a classroom environment with students of all abilities;
- Be able to show evidence of continually improving the teaching and learning of their subject through schemes of work and extra-curricular activities;
- Have a strong commitment to raising achievement and standards along with an informed and creative approach to curriculum delivery.
The Ivy Education Trust works closely with all schools within the Trust and beyond. The Ivy Education Trust celebrates the diversity of each of its schools and is founded upon the alignment of vision and values that we all commonly hold to secure the best outcomes for our pupils.
The name of our Trust is inspired by the story of Dr Ivy Williams. Born in Teignbridge (Newton Abbot), in 1877, she managed what we would wish for all the children and young people of Teignbridge and surrounding area that we serve in our schools by fulfilling her childhood dreams and ambitions.
On 10 May 1922, Dr Ivy Williams became the first woman to be called to the Bar (formally recognised as a qualified Barrister of Law) of England and Wales.
The story of Dr Ivy Williams reminds us of the famous quote from Michaelangelo:
“The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.”
The Ivy Education Trust supports and challenges all members of our learning community to dream big, aim high and achieve more than they ever thought was possible.
If you share these visions and aspirations, then we very much welcome your application for this post.
The application form and further information are available from www.ivyeducationtrust.co.uk or by email to email@example.com.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
Interview Date: to be confirmed