Support, nurture, inspire, empower.
On Track Education in Totnes is a mixed, day special school which opened in November 2005. The school provides education for up to 48 pupils aged 7-19 who benefit from small group and individualised learning. We use the Thrive approach to develop healthy, happy, confident children who are ready and open to learning. The main school is located in Totnes with a second school site nearby in Seale Hayne. In July 2018, our school was judged as Good in the most recent Ofsted inspection.
We are looking to recruit experienced Teachers. You are likely to be required to work across two school sites in South Devon therefore you must be able to drive and have use of your own vehicle.
• Undertake subject teaching responsibility and ensure all pupils develop their knowledge and skills and make good progress in their learning
• Work with the Head and Deputy Head Teacher to deliver a sequenced curriculum which builds knowledge and skills towards agreed end points
• Effectively monitor the progress of each pupil, checking their understanding systematically and effectively, putting in place clearly directed and timely interventions
• Qualified Teacher (QTS/QTLS/PGCE) is preferable but consideration will be given to education professionals with other teaching qualifications.
• Experience of successful secondary class/group teaching responsibility.
• Ability to prepare and deliver appropriate curriculum using a range of teaching styles and methodologies.
• Experience within an SEN setting an advantage
Why work for On Track?
• Our holistic approach to education with a focus on emotional and social development
• The opportunity to make a positive difference to the lives of children who can be educationally overlooked
• To work as part of a dedicated and supportive team
On Track Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Robust safeguarding checks will be undertaken before the appointment is confirmed including a full Disclosure And Barring Service check.
On Track places safeguarding at the heart of all that it does and all staff are expected to be mindful of safeguarding and child protection issues in relation to all pupils
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020 therefore certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed, and if they are disclosed, we cannot take them into account.
We are an Equal Opportunities organisation, totally Committed 2 Equality.
For further information and an application form contact email@example.com.
Please apply by 5pm on the closing date.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationSouth HamsDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupTeaching - SecondaryTeaching - Special & Other
- Salary Details
£22,560- £34,200 per annum dependent on qualifications and experience.
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull Time
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required