Teacher/Tutor - On Track Education Services Ltd
- Multiple Locations
- Full Time
- £24,420 - £34,885 per annum, dependent on qualifications and experience
Support, nurture, inspire, empower.
On Track Education in West Yarner/Seale Hayne is a mixed, day special school. The school provides education for up to 24 pupils aged 7-16, who benefit from small group and individualised learning and have communication and interaction difficulties, Autistic spectrum conditions and learning needs. The number of pupils is likely to increase to 40 in the autumn term. Our Primary base is West Yarner, Dartington and our secondary base is Seale Hayne, Newton Abbot. Our curriculum provides a wide range of opportunities to learn outside and offsite to enhance the education and care of our pupils.
We use the Thrive approach to develop healthy, happy, confident children, who are ready and open to learning. We aim to help each child enjoy education which will enable them to be successful members of the school and wider communities. We treat each child as an individual by ensuring the learning opportunities are challenging and engaging. Our ultimate goal is that the young people who leave us are prepared for adulthood; whether that be employment, further education, training, or living as independently as possible contributing positively within their community.
The school was last inspected by Ofsted in September 2022 when it received judgments of Good all categories.
We are looking for someone with experience of teaching KS3/KS4. A specialism in teaching Maths or Science would be an advantage.
- Undertake subject teaching responsibility and ensure all pupils develop their knowledge and skills and make good progress in their learning
- Work with the Head and Deputy Head Teacher to deliver a sequenced curriculum which builds knowledge and skills towards agreed end points
- Effectively monitor the progress of each pupil, checking their understanding systematically and effectively, putting in place clearly directed and timely interventions
- Qualified Teacher (QTS/QTLS/PGCE) preferred but consideration will be given to education professionals with other teaching qualifications
- Experience of Special Education and a passion for working with pupils with SEN and a range of emotional and behavioural difficulties
- A commitment to positive behaviour management
- All applicants must have use of a vehicle and business use insurance.
Why work for On Track?
- Our holistic approach to education with a focus on emotional and social development
- The opportunity to make a positive difference to the lives of children who can be educationally overlooked
- To work as part of a dedicated and supportive team
Salary: £24,420 - £34,885 per annum dependent on qualifications and experience. This is the actual salary and is not pro rata for term time. You are paid all year round but will only be expected to work on the school site during term time.
On Track Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Robust safeguarding checks will be undertaken before the appointment is confirmed including a full Disclosure And Barring Service check.
On Track places safeguarding at the heart of all that it does and all staff are expected to be mindful of safeguarding and child protection issues in relation to all pupils
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020 therefore certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed, and if they are disclosed, we cannot take them into account.
We are an Equal Opportunities organisation, totally Committed 2 Equality.
For further information and an application form contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Applications to be submitted by 5pm, Monday 12th June 2023
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationSouth HamsDevon
- Work Postcode
West Yarner, Devon
- Occupational GroupTeaching - SecondaryTeaching - Special & Other
- Salary Details
£24,420 - £34,885 per annum, dependent on qualifications and experience
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required