Are you passionate about technology? Are you a dynamic, enthusiastic, creative teacher? Do you want to want to work in a school on the edge of Dartmoor National Park? If so, we want to hear from you.
• to be an effective teacher who challenges and supports your students to do their best by:
• inspiring trust and confidence in your students and colleagues;
• building team commitment amongst your students and colleagues;
• engaging and motivating students;
• analytical thinking;
• taking positive action to improve the quality of your students’ learning.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain a thorough and up-to-date knowledge of the teaching of your subject(s) and take account of wider curriculum developments which are relevant to your work.
• Plan tutorials, lessons and sequences of lessons to meet pupils’ individual learning needs.
• Use a range of appropriate strategies and follow College policies for tutoring, behaviour management and classroom management.
• Use information about prior attainment to set well-grounded expectations for students in your teaching and tutorial groups.
• Assess, monitor and record the progress of students in your teaching and tutorial groups; give them constructive feedback, targets and advice; and report their progress to, and discuss their progress with, their parents.
• Ensure that, as a result of your training and teaching, your students achieve well relative to their pupils’ prior attainment, making progress as good or better than similar pupils nationally. You will be expected to achieve agreed Appraisal Objectives.
• Within the framework of the Trust’s appraisal and CPD policies, take responsibility for your own professional development and use the outcomes to improve your tutoring and teaching and your students learning.
• Make an active contribution to the policies, aspirations and plans of your House, of your curriculum team and of the College – a community comprehensive school, with Technology specialist status.
This post would suit an ECT as well as a more experienced colleague looking to develop their skills within a high performing, supportive team.
All schools in The Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS).
For further information and to apply for this post please visit the vacancies page on our Trust website https://www.dartmoormat.org.uk/