Required from 14 November 2022, to teach Science as a member of the curriculum area of Science at Coombeshead Academy, an 11-18 school which forms part of part of Education South West.
Science is a highly successful department gaining strong outcomes across all key stages.
There may be an opportunity to teach A Level as part of our collaborative Sixth Form.
What we can offer you:
• The opportunity to work in a school where all staff are viewed as part of the family;
• Somewhere where leaders look after you as well as encourage you to pursue your aspirations and goals as part of our trust, teaching and research school;
• An organisation where curriculum design and innovation are valued and respected;
• A school where the classroom and the learning experience for young people is the centre of everything that we do;
• A school with a healthy view of the work life balance needed to be a great teacher;
• Excellent schemes of learning and pre-planned resources to support workload reduction;
• A sensible and balanced approach to assessment in order to further reduce workload;
• The freedom to experiment in your own classroom;
• A clear behaviour policy which supports you to be able to teach with enthusiasm and freedom to a receptive audience;
• Opportunities to share your practice and learn from others across the trust and the teaching school alliance.
This post is temporary until 31 August 2023 to cover maternity leave.
ESW is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please download the application form below and, once completed, return to email@example.com.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
Interview Date: likely 30 September 2022