Teacher of Psychology - Coombeshead Academy (Education South West)
- Multiple Locations
- Part Time
Required from September 2023, to teach Psychology, Sociology and Criminology to 16-18 at Coombeshead Academy (part of Education South West). The Sixth Form curriculum area have a full range of courses, both A levels and BTECS/Diplomas, to help students achieve their aspirations for the future. We also pride ourselves in creating a supportive environment to make that transition to independent study. With an emphasis on developing the student experience outside of the classroom, we are developing our sporting and well-being programme to include use of fitness suite, and introduction of yoga and other mindful activities to ensure a well-rounded approach to wellbeing.
This is expected to be a part-time (0.6 FTE) role, although a willingness to be flexible in future years as the Sixth Form college grows would be welcomed.
What we can offer you:
• The opportunity to work in a school where all staff are viewed as part of the family;
• Somewhere where leaders look after you as well as encourage you to pursue your aspirations and goals;
• A school where the classroom and the learning experience for young people is the centre of everything that we do;
• A school with a healthy view of the work life balance needed to be a great teacher;
• Shared schemes of learning and pre-planned resources support workload reduction;
• A sensible and balanced approach to marking and feedback in order to further reduce workload;
• The freedom to experiment in your own classroom;
• A clear behaviour policy which supports you to be able to teach with enthusiasm and freedom to a receptive audience;
• Opportunities to share your practice and learn from others across the trust and the teaching school alliance.
We welcome applications from ECTs as well as experienced teachers.
Please come for a visit and meet the Sixth Form department.
Education South West is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post. This includes checks with past employers, an online check of publicly available information, including social media, and an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you are interested in this position, please download the application form below and, once completed, return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
Interview Date: w/c 12 June 2023