Teacher of ICT - Clyst Vale Community College
- Multiple Locations
- Part Time
- M1 - M11 (UPS3)
Clyst Vale is a thriving and vibrant 11- 18 Community College situated five miles from Exeter. Visitors to Clyst Vale usually comment on the friendly, orderly atmosphere, the courtesy of our students, and the purposefulness in lessons. We have clear expectations and systems, but far more important are the excellent working relationships we establish between staff and students, as well as staff and parents. We remain the only Secondary school in Devon to be accredited Gold Rights Respecting School status.
Due to the increasing popularity of ICT we are pleased to be able to offer a permanent, 0.8 FTE, contract for an exciting and innovative teacher of ICT and Computer Science. Starting September 2023 this position would suit someone starting out in their teaching career, or someone in their 2nd year of the Early Career Teaching Programme but applications are welcome from all.
The successful applicant will be required to teach ICT at KS3 and Computer Science at KS4 as a minimum.
We are looking for:
- An outstanding teacher with excellent subject knowledge;
- A practitioner who is keen to enthuse students using a variety of approaches;
- Experience of teaching Computer Science at KS5 is desirable;
- A willingness to contribute to the enrichment activities of the Department;
- A willingness to use data to drive student performance and promote excellence.
We welcome applications from ECT's as well as experienced teachers.
We have a dynamic and successful ICT department which is both supportive and collaborative; the successful applicant will enjoy being an integral part of this friendly and professional team.
We can offer
- A unique opportunity to work within a Rights Respecting School with a strong community ethos
- A supportive CPD programme including Online Educare Training System
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.
To apply, please visit our website: http://www.clystvale.org/vacancies/
Closing date for all applications is Midnight Sunday 11th June 2023
Interview Date: Will take place on Wednesday 21st June 2023.