Required for September 2022, or as soon as possible.
We are looking to appoint two subject specialists. We are looking for fully qualified, enthusiastic teachers of Geography to join a successful department. The successful applicants will have the ability to confidently teach all aspects of the subject at both Key Stage 3 and GCSE at Key Stage 4. Applications from NQTs are welcome.
Please indicate on your application form which position(s) you are applying for.
There is also the potential to take a lead in outdoor learning - please indicated in your application if this is a passion and strength of yours.
• A permanent position in a high achieving Geography department;
• Teaching from Key Stages 3 - 4;
• Friendly, supportive and professional colleagues;
• Excellent CPD training including a comprehensive induction programme;
• Own laptop.
You will have/will be:
• A passionate and highly motivated teacher/leader;
• A proven track record of successful outcomes for pupils through own teaching experience;
• The ability to inspire high achievement in all young people;
• Excellent critical thinking skills, intellectual curiosity and rigour;
• A committed and generous team worker willing to go above and beyond expectations.
Great Torrington School is a successful and popular 11-16 school. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure Criminal Record Check. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Please download an application pack and application form from www.gts.devon.sch.uk. Alternatively, contact Joanna Pateman, Headteacher’s PA, on 01805 623531 (extension 230) or email@example.com for a pack.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
Interview Date: 13 July 2022