1st Contract: Permanent 0.77 FTE
2nd Contract: Temporary Maternity Cover 0.77 FTE - December 2023 start if possible
We are looking for two talented and ambitious Teachers of Geography to join Plymouth High School for Girls. Our students are able and enthusiastic and regularly achieve the highest grades. The ideal candidate will have the ability and passion to deliver high quality teaching at the top grades.
This post is suitable for an ECT as well as a more experienced teacher.
Please can candidates advise in their application which contract is preferable and/or if either contract would be considered.
Plymouth High believes as much in preparing its students for life as it does their school years, shown by our motto “For life, not school, we learn”, drives all that we do.
Plymouth High School for Girls is a City selective Grammar school with a good reputation for providing an engaging curriculum within a supportive and encouraging environment. Students are happy at our school and enjoy the benefits of well taught and engaging lessons along with extensive extra-curricular opportunities. We are a small school with a friendly feel where people work flexibly and collaboratively to give our students the best possible experience.
What you will need to succeed:
- Be a qualified and effective teacher with successful experience in all 3 Key Stages
- To inspire, encourage and empower our students to achieve their very best.
- Be able to consistently deliver good or outstanding practice.
- To understand how to enable young people and excel academically whilst also helping them to make effective and rewarding life choices.
- To have thorough knowledge of how to provide effective teaching of Geography to A-Level.
- Be an inspiring teacher with real enthusiasm for the subject.
- Be able to motivate his/her pupils.
- Be committed to high standards for both staff and students.
- Be prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the Academy.
- Implement and support all Academy policies.
- Be able to collaborate with other leaders and managers in raising standards within the curriculum to Good and Outstanding including all student groups.
- Be able to raise standards of teaching, learning and progress to ensure all subject staff deliver and all students receive Good and Outstanding lessons.
- Be able to coach and mentor subject staff to raise standards in learning and progress to be Good and Outstanding.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
Click Here To view our Trust video to gain an insight into The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
What you will get from our Trust
- Minimum starting salary £28,817 for all NQTs
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- The opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Regular opportunities to meet and share best practice with the relevant year group teachers of the other secondary schools within our trust
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Charted Teacher
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our school, benefiting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
We strongly encourage any teachers who may be interested in working at our school to direct any question they may have to the Head’s PA, Vicki Benwell, Vicki.Benwell@phsg.tsat.uk . We also encourage any early applications and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we suitable candidate is found.
If this position is not quite right for you, but you would be interested for any other positions within our Trust please contact email@example.com to ensure that you are added to our talent pool and considered for any future positions.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interview Date: 13th October 2023
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationPlymouthDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupTeaching - Secondary
- Salary Details
TSAT Teacher Scale (T1-T10) Pro rata to £22,344 - £34,350 per annum (£28,817 - £44,302 FTE)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
See advert details.
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required