Temporary until August 2023.
We are seeking a temporary English teacher who can teach KS3 & KS4 to join the team in January 2023. An ability and willingness to teach KS3 Drama would also be an advantage.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic about teaching and have a passion for the subject. We are interested to hear from professionals that have the ability to make an impact in the classroom and beyond, a track record of high quality outcomes in the classroom and for someone who has a commitment to students of all abilities in our comprehensive secondary school. We are open to considering experienced teachers, Early Careers Teachers or non-qualified teachers with relevant teaching experience.
Key Duties and Accountabilities:
• Teach English across the age and ability range in such a way as to challenge and inspire all students, with clear objectives, delivered in line with department schemes of work and school policies.
• Plan and deliver lessons to students according to their educational needs and with reference to prior attainment, SEN and EAL as required, striving to ensure equal opportunities for all and to provide students with the opportunity to achieve their potential.
• Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of students in line with school policies, ensuring that marking and assessment are of consistently high quality and in accordance with the school assessment policy.
• Maintain effective behaviour management in the classroom, using positive behaviour strategies to ensure students fully engage in the lesson.
• Monitor the progress and achievement of the students following the course and identify the appropriate intervention strategies for underachieving students.
• Set high expectations for students and develop their attitude for learning through focused teaching and through the development of positive and productive relationships.
• Manage, develop and share resources to enhance teaching of English.
• Promote enrichment and extension of English across the department, participating and developing events, trips and visits.
• Contribute to objectives of the curriculum area within the school objectives and take part in an annual review of the subject and curriculum area.
• Embrace the continued professional development programme within the school, striving to be a lifelong learner, maximising opportunities to make impact within the role.
• Be familiar with, fully support and reinforce the aims, ethos, policies and procedures of the school and Trust with students, staff, parents and other stakeholders where and when appropriate.
For more information, please see the job description. To apply, please complete the attached application form.
Your completed application form should be returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview Date: w/b 5 December 2022
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupTeaching - Secondary
- Salary Details
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
32 hours per week, 38.8 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required