Teacher of English - Teign School (Education South West)
- Multiple Locations
- Full Time
Required to start September 2023.
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified and enthusiastic teacher to join our successful English Department. The successful candidate will be an effective classroom practitioner and will be expected to contribute fully to the ethos and culture of this flourishing Department.
We expect to appoint someone who is:
• Knowledgeable and passionate about English, and all aspects of English education;
• Ideally able to teach Key Stages 3, 4 & 5;
• Able to enthuse, engage, motivate and challenge students;
• Able to work innovatively to raise achievement at all levels;
• Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills;
• Able to work as part of a team yet has individual skills and initiative.
In return, we offer:
• An English Department with a clear sense of purpose, vision and energy;
• A commitment to strive for excellence within a supportive ethos;
• Relevant, effective CPD to allow appropriate career progression.
Applications are welcome from experienced and NQT teachers.
Education South West is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post. This includes checks with past employers, an online check of publicly available information, including social media, and an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Further details are available in the application pack via www.teignschool.org.uk.
Your completed application form should be returned to Ruth Atkinson, Headteacher’s PA, by emailing email@example.com.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
Interview Date: 19 April 2023