This post is fixed term from September 2022 until 31 August 2023, due to the limited funding of School Led Tutoring Grant.
St Martin’s C of E Primary and Nursery School opened in September 2012 in the new town of Cranbrook. At St Martin’s C of E Primary and Nursery School, we all aspire to being the best that we can be for ourselves and for the world in which we live. As a Church of England School, Christian values are the rock from which we enable our children to grow and learn together; we care about each other and the world beyond our school.
St Martins are seeking to appoint a teacher to work across key stages one and two.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, creative and committed teacher to join our experienced and nurturing teaching team. The role will include planning and delivering small group or 1:1 school-based tutoring in order to close gaps in children’s understanding.
- Be able to build relationships with children quickly and effectively in order to bring out the best in them academically and socially;
- Be flexible, adaptable and find creative ways to accelerate children’s progress;
- Be highly organised, have a good core subject knowledge and be able to work independently;
- Be an inclusive and reflective practitioner with a commitment to meeting the needs of all groups of learners and to go the extra mile to help children to be successful;
- Be a good communicator and team player willing to play an active role in the life of the whole school;
- Be willing to support the Christian ethos of our school through our school values.
In return, we can offer:
- Delightful children who are keen to learn and enjoy their time at school;
- A supportive and friendly whole staff team who have the best interests of children at the heart of all they do;
- A commitment to your on-going professional development and support in the current and next stages of your career;
- Support to establish, develop, review and refine the role to maximise the impact upon the children.
To discuss the role further, or to arrange a visit to the school, please email email@example.com.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Your completed application form should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
Interview Date: 11 July 2022
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationExeterEast DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupTeaching - Primary & Early Years
- Salary Details
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypePart Time
19.5 hours per week (759 directed hours per annum)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required