Contract Term: fixed term for maternity leave (November – August 2024)
Benefits: Teachers Pension Scheme
St Leonard's C of E Primary School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Year 1 Teacher who will teach on a full time basis to cover a maternity leave. The role will start in November 2023 and continue until the end of the academic year. If the successful candidate has leadership experience or interest, we would be happy to explore with them possible opportunities.
If you are dedicated to developing stimulating learning experiences for young minds and delivering an engaging curriculum, we want to hear from you! St Leonard’s can promise you an established, dynamic and passionate leadership team who are enthusiastic about driving change and raising standards. You will have the opportunity to work alongside us and make a real difference in our community.
• A welcoming, friendly school with a strong Christian ethos and set of values that underpin all that we do.
• Children who are articulate, happy and motivated to learn.
• The opportunity to work in a school with unique spacious grounds close to the city centre.
• A Headteacher who puts children at the heart of all decision making.
• An exciting role within our growing organisation with opportunities for future career development within our own school and across our family of 19 schools within the St Christopher’s Trust.
The successful candidate will:
• Have the ability to enable pupils to reach their full social and academic potential, underpinned by a strong personal philosophy and clear pedagogical subject knowledge.
• Be happy to support the Church of England ethos of our school though our school values.
• Be dedicated to raising standards and removing barriers to learning for pupils with the ability to challenge each pupil from whatever their starting point.
• Have high expectations of themselves and pupils with a positive, can do and proactive nature.
Please note it is our process to apply for references for shortlisted applicants and to complete online searches in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance, for all shortlisted applicants. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
Please visit the below link for information on how to apply:
Vacancy Detail -SCH-SC'sCOE(P) M-0011 - FaceEd (face-ed.co.uk)
Please visit Welcome to St Christopher's Multi Academy Trust (stchristophersmat.org) for an application form. Your completed application form should be returned by email to HR@stcmat.org by 9am on the closing date.
Interview Date: Friday 6th October 2023