Required to start as soon as possible.
About the role
We are looking to appoint an outstanding, dynamic Teacher. Our ideal candidate will have excellent teamwork and communication skills, boundless patience and resilience and the ability and enthusiasm to make a difference with pupils who have a range of SEND needs. They will have considerable experience in either Primary or Secondary settings.
We are looking for someone who embodies Wave Trust's values; someone who has diverse experience, as well as a passion for working with young people with additional needs.
For a full list of duties, please see the job description.
About the Academy
River Dart Academy is located in a picturesque area of Dartington. Our aim is to work closely with secondary schools to provide support to the most vulnerable pupils.
Pupils join the academy at various points throughout their schooling, usually because of their school placement having broken down. The Academy’s purpose is to support pupils to create an environment where everyone can grow and develop as they become responsible citizens and lifelong learners. The Academy’s role is to help pupils get back on track, either through a return to regular schooling or by completing Year 11 at River Dart Academy.
The academy works closely with a diverse range of outside agencies both statutory and voluntary so that pupils can access the support and guidance they need.
River Dart Academy is committed to tailoring the curriculum to meet the needs of pupils, developing a range of skills knowledge, attitudes and understanding so all can aspire to their full potential.
River Dart Academy (Dartington) - Wave MAT
Work with Wave: What’s in it for you?
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational Health Services
- Professional Development & Training
- Salary depending on experience
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Free Will Writing Benefit
- Health & Wellbeing Champion
- Company sick pay dependent on service
- Free refreshments in workplaces
Wave Trust: What we believe and what we do
Who We Are
Wave are an established and successful Multi Academy Trust, comprising of Alternative Provision Academies (APAs), Medical Academies (including Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust’s child and adolescent mental health unit ‘Sowenna’) and 2 Special Academies (including one in pre-opening).
We provide education for vulnerable pupils aged 4 – 19 across Devon, Cornwall and we are expanding to Somerset with our special free school. The Trust has a national reputation for the delivery of outstanding pupil outcomes including enabling pupils to access the most appropriate education setting and transition to employment, training and higher or further education. The Trust educates over 1000 pupils and employs over 350 members of staff.
We Aim To
- Provide a balanced and broad curriculum that promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils and prepares them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
- Give access to the National Curriculum; provide opportunities for external accreditation, and, for those pupils with specific learning difficulties, effective and personalised programmes.
- Ensure all pupils are supported to develop positive attitudes towards themselves and others. Promoting emotional well-being and self-esteem; helping our pupils to recognise their potential and work positively within their community.
- We will respect all pupils and encourage them to become active participants in their own learning, develop confidence, independence, self-esteem and express their needs and desires.
- Seek effective and positive working relationships with pupils’ families, schools and other agencies.
- Enable effective outcomes for our pupils.
Evidence shows that the values we embody empower young people to succeed; these are the values we are looking for when we recruit new staff or work with new stakeholders.
We value positivity, no matter what the circumstances. It is our intention to stay constructive, optimistic and confident both for and with our young people and their families.
We are kind, we have empathy. We consider the consequences of our decisions, large and small on those around us.
We conduct ourselves in ways that earn the trust of those around us. We respect each other and those we work with.
WORK AS ONE TEAM
We depend on teamwork and the relationships we have. When we work together we are stronger. Together we will achieve more.
Wave is dedicated to the safeguarding of children and Safer Recruitment Procedures will be followed. The position requires a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Please apply by midday on the closing date.
Interview Date: To be confirmed.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationSouth HamsDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupTeaching - Primary & Early YearsTeaching - Secondary
- Salary Details
M1-UPS3: £28,000 - £43,685 pro-rata + SEND Allowance (+ Recruitment & Retention Bonus, subject to terms & conditions)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required