We are looking to appoint two outstanding teachers at Pathfield School, to work with students with learning difficulties and a range of individual learning needs. Pathfield School is a vibrant special school covering a wide catchment area in rural Devon, catering for young people aged 3-19 years with severe, profound and complex needs including autism and SEMH.
You will be part of a close working, dedicated, caring, teaching team delivering all the curriculum, being creative and adventurous in personalising learning to meet EHCP outcomes. We pride ourselves in pushing boundaries, challenging ourselves and not just accepting the status quo. You will be expected to participate fully in the life of the school, developing exceptional learning experiences in imaginative and engaging ways. Inspiring interaction at the heart of which lie our cultural pillars of Independence, Communication, Community and Wellbeing.
You will be:
• Caring, compassionate and able to connect with people;
• Creative, imaginative and adventurous;
• Flexible, adaptable and resilient;
• Passionate about creating equitable opportunities for all;
• Willing to learn and grow.
You will have:
• A good understanding of Special Educational Needs and Disability;
• A knowledge of ASC approaches to education;
• An ability to work within a large multi-disciplinary team and manage a class team;
• A healthy work life balance.
We actively encourage continual career and professional development. All appointed teachers will be provided with high levels of support through an induction process, as well as support from a range of experienced colleagues not only within school but the wider Sentient Trust. We would actively encourage all those who are interested to visit.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
The application form and further details can be downloaded from www.pathfield.devon.sch.uk/wp-pathfield/our-school/vacancies.
Your completed application form should be returned to Jackie Hamill, School Business Manager, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interview Date: 23 September 2022
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupTeaching - Primary & Early YearsTeaching - Special & Other
- Salary Details
TPS plus SEN 1
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required