We are a school that has high aspiration for our pupils with a curriculum relevant to meet their individual needs and ensure success. We are looking to appoint an inspirational, enthusiastic and motivated teacher to join our successful school. The successful candidate will be able to work with their class team and colleagues to create an exciting learning environment and enable our pupils to fulfil their potential.
We offer you:
• A rewarding career supporting an amazing group of children and young people in an environment where trusting, respectful relationships are the foundation for pupils’ positive experiences;
• Dedicated and supportive colleagues, governors and parents;
• Health and Wellbeing package including GP phone and video consultations, physio support, Counselling and Mindfulness;
• Personalised Continuing Professional Development;
• A curriculum that is relevant to pupils’ life aspirations and is clear but allows for creativity;
• Cycle to work scheme;
• A work life balance.
We are looking for candidates who:
• Will put a pupil’s wellbeing at the forefront of all they do;
• Have a clear understanding of current SEND practice and theory to meet the individual needs of our amazing pupils;
• Are well organised, able to use their initiative and able to work as an active member of the school team;
• Could lead a subject such as ICT or Humanities;
• Have effective communication, resilience and behaviour management skills;
• Are imaginative and creative with their planning.
For an informal chat, please contact Claire Wills, Headteacher, on 01752 300270. We are also offering the chance to visit the school on 11 January 2024.
Mill Ford School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS will be required to be undertaken.
More information about the school and the application pack is available for downloading from www.millfordschool.co.uk/welcome/staff/vacancies.
Please apply by noon on the closing date.
Candidates invited to interview should be aware that the interview process will take place over the course of a full day.
Interview Date: 22 January 2024
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationPlymouthDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupTeaching - Special & Other
- Salary Details
TPS plus 1 SEN Point
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
32.5 directed hours per week, STPCD
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required