Everyone will be the best that they can be
Everyone has a voice
No one is excluded
This is threaded through everything we do and applies to children and young people as well as our staff team.
We are seeking to employ Fun, Creative, Dynamic, Inspiring and Person-Centred teachers to join our ‘Outstanding’ teaching team. We have both full and part time vacancies available (permanent and fixed term) commencing in February 2023 or sooner if possible.
You must be enthusiastic and have a passion for providing high quality teaching and learning to pupils with SEND from ages 3 to 19 years. Experience of SEND is essential.
You will keep the school ethos at the centre of everything they do, will inspire our young people and be part of a dedicated team creating a stimulating and person-centred learning environment.
As part of our teaching team, we offer:
- A supportive environment;
- A comprehensive induction programme;
- Opportunities for career progression and middle leadership opportunities;
- Cross Federation working with colleagues from our associated school, Bidwell Brook based in Dartington;
- Networking opportunities with colleagues from other special schools through SWALSS and the SENtient Trust;
- Excellent CPD opportunities as part of the Devon Hubs South West Institute for Teaching (SWIFT) and our South West Specialist Schools Teaching Alliance (SW SSTA).
Visits to the school are most welcomed.
Ellen Tinkham School is part of a Federation of special schools catering for pupils with severe and profound and multiple learning difficulties.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
To apply for one of these posts, please find an application pack, including application form, on the Ellen Tinkham School website. Please send completed application forms to: email@example.com
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupTeaching - Special & Other
- Salary Details
MPS 1 - MPS 6 plus 1 SEN point
- Job TermPermanentFixed
- Appointment TypeFull TimePart Time
32.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required