Required for January 2024, a teacher of music who can also offer primary or lower secondary English teaching to join our thriving special school. We have recently opened a brand new purpose built music studio, which we can use for the teaching of up to and including KS3 pupils only. We positively encourage anyone considering applying to visit the school if they are able, we are confident that you will be impressed by the calm, friendly learning environment and our outstanding facilities, we benefit from small class sizes and LSA support in every lesson…….please call the school to make an appointment for a tour.
Previous experience of working in a special school or specifically with SEN pupils is not essential, we are looking to appoint the right person to join our school, this could be an experienced teacher, or equally someone new to the profession.
You will need to:
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude and be committed to sharing good practice
- Be able to competently & positively manage pupil behaviour
- Show initiative and creativity in your approach to teaching & learning
- Be organised and efficient and demonstrate the ability to improve outcomes for children
- Be thoroughly committed to safety and well-being for all our pupils
- Demonstrate the aptitude to work as part of a successful team liaising with parents and other visiting professionals
- Exhibit a willingness to contribute to the wider life of the school
We will need you to have excellent, up-to-date knowledge of the primary English and music teaching and learning, of planning the curriculum, lesson delivery and assessment.
You will also need to be able to demonstrate the ability to work as part of a teaching team of highly motivated practitioners across school and to support the needs of all children.
The post requires someone who is an inspirational, reflective and creative teacher with a passion to improve the life chances of our pupils and make every child feel ‘special’, with excellent classroom management and organisational skills
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
A DBS disclosure is required for all post.
Further details about Combe Pafford School can be found by visiting the website Combe Pafford School - Home where an application form can also be completed.
Please apply at the latest by noon on the closing date of Wednesday 11 October 2023. We reserve the right to hold interviews prior to the closing date if we receive suitable applications
Interview Date: w/c 16th October 2023