Alphington Primary School is seeking to appoint an aspirational, enthusiastic and inspiring teacher to be part of our teaching team. We are looking for someone who can develop strong, positive relationships that inspire children to be the best they can be. We are an inclusive, forward-thinking school and children are at the heart of everything we do. As this is a permanent position it would suit someone with previous experience in other year groups. However, this will initially be in a Year 4 class.
You will work as part of a team, under the direction of the Senior team to ensure all children are receiving the best possible education to reach their full potential. We strongly believe in a supportive and coaching approach to professional development to ensure teachers can continue to grow and develop.
Our new teacher needs to:
• be an exemplary teacher, who is an inspirational and creative.
• have a secure knowledge of the National curriculum and pedagogy to ensure quality in teaching and learning.
• plan rigorous and creative learning that is tailored to meet the needs of their class ensuring all pupils make good progress from their starting point.
• demonstrate a drive for excellence in all aspects of school life
• able to recognise and build on the strengths of all children whilst nurturing their wellbeing.
• Lead a subject in school supported by the Curriculum leader.
In return we can offer:
• children who are keen to learn, look after each other and are proud of their school
• a supportive and dedicated staff team, who are passionate about providing our children with the best learning opportunities
• the chance to be a member of an aspirational and forward-looking team
• professional development opportunities to enhance career aspirations.
Exeter Learning Academy Trust (ELAT) is a partnership of primary schools based in Exeter. The Trust currently has four schools: Alphington Primary School, Bowhill Primary School, Ide Primary School, and St Thomas Primary School.
We are a people-focused organisation with strong principles of enabling every child and adult within our Trust to thrive. We have high aspirations for all our children, regardless of their starting point, and in turn, expect our staff to have high aspirations of themselves. We believe that our strength lies in working together and using our collective skills and expertise to benefit the children in our schools.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. This role also requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
If you are interested in finding out more we would love to meet you. Please contact the Headteacher, Sharon Tarr, to arrange a tour on 01392 254291.
Full details of the job description, personal specification and application form can be found on the Exeter Learning Academies Trust website https://www.exeterlearningacademytrust.co.uk/. Please send your completed application form to email@example.com.
Interview Date: 10th February 2023