Support Worker - Barnes Children's Home (Ref 4822)
- East Devon
- Part Time
- £22,777 - £24,496 per annum, pro-rata
Part Time 30 hours per week plus enhancements (up to £4000 per year)
Starting rate at £11.81 - £12.70 per hour
Overnight is £15.74 - £16.93 per hour
Saturday is £17.71 - £19.05 per hour
Sunday and B/H is £23.62 - £25.40 per hour
Do you want a challenging and rewarding career with real opportunities to positively impact the lives of the children and young people who access our Homes. If you are dynamic, adaptable, resilient, dedicated and enthusiastic our children would really benefit from your support.
Our Children’s Homes are registered with Ofsted and provide support for children and young people with disabilities, in line with their individual needs and care plans. The ethos of the service is to provide children with a home from home experience and to enhance and promote their life experiences and independence skills.
We work on a 3 shift per 24 hours basis (AM/PM/Nights) and our homes are open up to 365 days a year.
Working within the Children’s Homes is one of the most rewarding career choices you will make. Our work can be emotionally and physically demanding but if you have the drive, dedication, resilience, and passion then you will enjoy an exciting and rewarding career with us.
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Residential Support Worker to join our highly dedicated and welcoming teams. You will be mainly based at Barnes Children’s Home in Tiverton whilst supporting the other internal childrens homes.
Your role will include supporting children and young people in the following areas:
- Supporting to achieve their personal wishes and goals
- Being aspirational to the outcomes of children
- Creating fun and positive atmosphere
- Organising and taking part in activities
- Being proactive and innovative to seek new methods to engage
Personal qualities that we would seek:
- Ability to engage and build positive relationships with children and young people
- Remaining calm in challenging situations
- Able to implement boundaries
- Ability to be part of a team
- Able to adapt and respond quickly
- Empathy, emotional resilience and self awareness
This is an enjoyable and rewarding position for someone who is caring and dedicated to making a difference in the lives of children and their families.
As the home is part of Devon County Council, you also benefit from our generous annual leave and other holiday entitlements, entry into the Local Government Pension Scheme, eligibility for enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and sick pay, comprehensive funded training opportunities tailored to develop you as an individual, annual review of pay in line with DCC policies.
As a service we conduct an annual review for succession planning across our staff and have a positive track record in supporting individuals to succeed in their career.
Staff are supported through monthly one-to-one sessions, all staff have access to the Employee Assist programme which provides wellbeing support.
We offer a robust induction and shadowing process for all new staff as well as excellent training and development opportunities.
Please see the job description for full info about this position or contact Rich Martin for an informal discussion via email: email@example.com
Interview Date: 02/06/2023
Please click Apply Now to see the Job Description.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and s committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working -The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role is subject to Disqualification from Caring for Children (England) Regulations 2002 check.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
Interview Date: 06/02/2023
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationEast Devon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
£22,777 - £24,496 per annum, pro-rata
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
30 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required