Specialist Community Public Health (SCPHN) Programme Health Visiting and School Nursing
Devon County Council are recruiting Student Health Visitors and Student School Nurses. We are inviting qualified nurses or midwives to undertake the Specialist Community Public Health (SCPHN) Programme, you will gain a Specialist Public Health Nursing Qualification in Health Visiting or School Nursing and you will be joining an organisation that is both forward thinking and innovative with a strong commitment to training.
We are looking for registered Nurses or Midwives who are innovative, motivated, and enthusiastic about the public health agenda. You will require a think family approach and have a desire to improve health outcomes for children, families, and young people in Devon.
You will undertake the Specialist Community Public Health Nursing Course (Health Visitor/ School Nursing) – commencing January 2023 at the University of West of England. The course is at either postgraduate or undergraduate Level and is full time over 52 weeks with 50% of your time being academic study and the other 50% will be practice experience within a Healthy Child Programme 0-19 locality team. The placements will be in various locations across Devon with travelling required to bases for training, attendance at university and when visiting families. Annual Leave is set by the University, and this is not negotiable.
Students are employed on a fixed term contract for the duration of the course, current rate of pay and hours are subject to consultation to move salary to Agenda for Change pay band mid- point band 5 (£27,780) for 37.5 hours a week.
Employee Assistance Program
Local Government Pension Scheme (you may be able to remain or join the NHS Pension Scheme instead, subject to meeting the eligibility criteria) - Perks at Work and Discounts Scheme
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
For Informal enquires please contact
Glyn Morgan 07974214879 email@example.com