We are committed to enabling all our students to excel educationally, come and help us achieve it.
The post is fixed term due to maternity cover (9-12 months).
The Deaf Academy provides specialist education and care tailored to the individual needs of Deaf young people. The sense of belonging to an inspiring bilingual community transforms students as they develop language skills and journey towards independence and fulfilling their potential.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Student Placement Administrator to work in our busy Education Administration Team. The role is varied and would suit someone who can manage a busy workload along side showing great organisational skills. The ideal candidate should have experience with attending meetings, minute taking and distributing reports in limited timeframes.
If you think you have what it takes, we would love to hear from you.
- Facilitate all enquires to the Academy for prospective students.
- Arranging all visits to site and assessments.
- Undertake all administration involved in the student recruitment.
- Arrange all annual reviews for students, whilst attending and servicing accordingly.
- Deal with any queries relating to student funding in a timely manner.
- Liaise with external professionals, parents and teachers.
- Ensure accuracy of Education & Health Care Plans and the information is held correctly.
- Provide system administrator support for the SIMS system (student data).
- Provide any other administration support to the wider team.
- Cover Reception desk where required.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate paper & electronic records as required.
- Ensure that strict confidentiality is maintained in relation to the Academy’s work.
Our vision is a brighter future for Deaf young people. If you feel you could be part of this story, we would like to hear from you.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults; as such an enhanced DBS disclosure is required.
The Academy is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all its students and staff.
Closing date for applications: Monday 6th February 2023 at 12 noon.
Interview Date: Thursday 9th February 2023.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationEast DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
£23,280 Actual and full-time equivalent salary
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week, 52 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required