We are recruiting for Strategy & Engagement Manager to work in Client Financial Services (Charging for Care).
Client Financial Services sits within Finance & Public Value, supporting Adult Social Care. The service provides Financial Assessment, Income Collection, Debt Management and Strategy and Engagement functions to Devon County Council, providing benefit awareness support to clients and generating income from chargeable social care totalling £60+ million.
This role includes leading, managing and providing an effective, and independent professional financial support service with the key objectives of introducing and developing the adoption of strategic policies and practices, management information, engagement with external organisations, partners and other stakeholder groups, development of benefit entitlement strategies, financial assessment strategies, marketing strategies and communication.
As a member of the Change Engagement Group, you will be responsible for developing and updating policies and practices arising from Adult Social Care review, also influencing reviews arising from legislative change.
This role will ensure the effectiveness of Client Financial Services functions, providing an efficient and effective service for external clients of the Authority. Opportunities to secure service delivery improvements from better technology use will be an important aspect of the post holder’s role.
We offer 25 days holiday (inclusive of two extra statutory days and a technology day), flexible hours, options for condensed hours, hybrid working (a balance of home & office working) and opportunities to develop career paths, including training and development. We also provide a generous defined benefit pension (with the County Council contributing 17%).
Applicants should be keen and enthusiastic, with good communication skills and committed to providing excellent service to the people of Devon.
This is an extremely exciting time to join Client Financial Services, as we invest in the service to implement new ways of working, including digital technologies, to meet increasing and changing demands.
Please be aware that interviews will be conducted remotely using teleconferencing facilities. We will provide more details on this to candidates that are being shortlisted.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & HealthFinance & Accounting
- Salary Details
£44,624 - £48,678 per annum
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required