Strategic Advisor to the Chief Executive (Ref 4871)
- Multiple Locations
- Full Time
- £53,260 per annum
INTERNAL ONLY (DCC Employees Only)
Chief Executive Strategic Advisor & Business Partner
This is Devon
At Devon County Council, we are embarking on an exciting period of significant transformation and change. That is why we are looking for the right person to support our Chief Executive and aid us on our journey to making Devon one of the UK’s leading counties and produce the most effective outcomes and services for the people of Devon. We are committed to driving holistic change and creating a fairer, healthier, and more caring Devon; one that is greener, more prosperous, and offers an inclusive future for all.
This is the role
The Strategic Advisor will support the Chief Executive primarily in her strategic and inward/outward facing activities to make Devon the best place to grow up, live well and prosper. The Strategic Advisor will provide the Chief Executive with high quality advice on all key aspects of policy, strategy and decision making and ensure these are translated to achieve the desired outcomes for Devon.
You will oversee strategic organisation initiatives from development through to delivery in collaboration with leadership and management teams, ensuring a connected and aligned strategy, planning and review of processes. Provide ongoing support to the CEO on general organisation tactical delivery issues to enable her to focus on more strategic challenges and best use of time.
The role will provide an opportunity to connect across the council and support Devon’s core priority of working together well as one council.
This is a fast paced, varied, and challenging role which will provide an insight into the whole of the council. You will need to be a strategic, tactical, and critical thinker who is able to horizon scan effectively and build strong relationships and networks. You will need to be agile, adaptable, and able to respond to emerging needs spot opportunities and mitigate risks.
You will have proven experience in a business/program management role with a special focus on executive level advising and interdepartmental collaboration to enable leadership success.
Above all, you will be supported by a team and colleagues from across the whole organisation with a wealth of knowledge and experience to help you, support and challenge them to be their best.
Interview Date: 26th June 2023
If you would like to arrange for an informal discussion with the Chief Executive, please contact Neve Hardy.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working -The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.