This post is fixed term from 5 September 2022 until August 2023.
Riviera Education Trust are looking for two enthusiastic Sports Apprentices to join our small team of sports professionals to help deliver the sports curriculum to all children within our Trust.
Oldway Primary School is part of the Riviera Education Trust; a multi-academy trust consisting of three local primary schools. We work in collaboration with Roselands Primary School and Shiphay Learning Academy in order to benefit all of the children in the Trust. Working in partnership with other schools helps to strengthen our provision and provide educational excellence so that every pupil has the best possible learning experience and is prepared for future life.
You will be working alongside the Sports Lead at the trust; on the delivery of the sports curriculum to children across all ages within our primary schools. As well as on the job training, you will be given time to attend college one morning a week to complete the Technical Certificate.
Working across all three schools, we are looking for self-motivated individuals, with excellent communication skills who can inspire our pupils.
Your main roles and responsibilities will include:
• Providing close support to the PE subjects leads within all three schools, or as directed by the CEO;
• Supporting individuals, or groups of students, as part of the sports curriculum;
• When appropriate, team-teach with the teacher or cover supervisor;
• Planning and delivering one teaching episode per week. Initially, this would be with individual students / small groups / of for part of a lesson. When appropriate, this will be extended to the delivery of whole lessons to an entire class;
• Supporting the PE team with the delivery of the extra-curricular programme, including lunchtime and after-school clubs;
• Providing supervision for off-site fixtures and visits;
• Maintaining the PE equipment and store-rooms;
• Producing educational aids, such as display and learning resources, following school guidelines;
• Setting up and maintain databases to support the department record keeping;
• Ensuring that responsibilities and duties are carried out with due regard to the policies and procedures of the Trust;
• Responding positively, at all times, to the needs of students, parents, colleagues, governors and Trustees;
• Acting as a role model for students, particularly in dress, punctuality, behaviour, language and conduct;
• Helping create a strong Trust community, characterised by consistent, orderly, caring and respectful relationships.
You will be required to work across all three schools within our Trust (all located within a 5-mile radius), so the ability to travel is essential.
Previous Coaching and or Sporting experience is necessary and Holding a National Pool Lifeguarding Qualification or equivalent is desirable.
The successful candidate will go on to receive job related training, undertake any further courses within the sports development area. On completion of the Level 2 award, there is the possibility of future employment within the Trust.
Please see the job description for further details regarding these posts.
Riviera Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its pupils. As this post meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, all applicants who are offered employment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and references before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.
The application form can be found on www.rivieratrust.co.uk/vacancies.
Your completed application from should be returned to HR Department, Riviera Education Trust, Oldway Primary School, Higher Polsham Road, Paignton, Devon TQ3 2SY or email@example.com.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
Interview Date: 11 August 2022
Please note, in line with our Safer Recruitment policy, references will be requested after shortlisting as part of the selection process.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTorbayDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation SupportApprenticeships/Training Programmes/Work Experience
- Salary Details
£7,982 per annum
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypePart Time
30 hours per week (10.30am - 4.30pm)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required