Required to start as soon as possible.
The Ted Wragg Trust, an ambitious and inclusive Trust of schools strengthening our communities through excellent education.
Our values driven, rapidly growing 2-18 Trust has the highest expectations for every child, every day, with social justice at our core. We are determined for everyone to fulfil their greatest potential, to be the best they can be. Our inclusive Trust has a relentless commitment to help transform lives through learning.
The Ted Wragg Trust puts children at the centre of all we do. Delivering high quality, knowledge rich and inspiring curriculum. Our caring and inspirational team, work together to equip students with the knowledge, skills and experience to become compassionate and courageous citizens, determined to make the world a better place.
We are looking for a Speech and Language Therapy Assistants to join the Ted Wragg Trust Inclusion Team.
You will work in our Exeter and Plymouth schools under the direction of the Lead Speech and Language Therapist and will deliver intervention to enable students to develop their speech, language and communication skills. Your role as a Speech and Language Therapist Assistant will be to follow the guidance of our Speech and Language Therapists to provide intervention and support to the pupils in both our primary and secondary settings.
- work with a varied paediatric client group which includes children across our trust schools ranging from Nursery to Sixth Form
- work closely with the Speech and Language Therapists to provide intervention according to the needs of the students
- receive regular coaching, mentoring and line management support from the Speech and Language Therapist
- Work closely with the teaching teams of the schools to ensure support and training is offered accordingly
- Receive regular contact with the other Speech and Language Therapists
- A range of assessments and training available along with CPD opportunities
If you are able to meet the requirements of this role, we would love to hear from you. For an informal conversation to find out more about the role, please contact HR@tedwraggtrust.co.uk
The Ted Wragg Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and operate in accordance with the Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before an appointment is confirmed. This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
The Trust is committed to ensuring that our employees are able to achieve their full potential in an environment offering dignity, respect and equality of opportunity.
Further details and an application form can be downloaded from the Ted Wragg Trust website https://www.tedwraggtrust.co.uk/vacancy/
All applications should be made by completing the Trust application form, including evidence of how you meet the person specification for the role and should be submitted to HR@tedwraggtrust.co.uk by 9am on the closing date.
Interview Date: Week commencing 6th February 2023.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationExeterPlymouthDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & HealthEducation Support
- Salary Details
NJC Grade D: £22,369 - £24,496
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum (with paid professional development time during school closure periods)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required