Are you a highly organized and dedicated individual with a passion for supporting students with special educational needs? Exeter Road Community Primary School, a primary school committed to fostering inclusive education, is seeking a Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) Administrative Assistant to join our team. In this vital role, you will play a pivotal part in ensuring that our school provides a supportive and inclusive environment for all students.
- Collaborate closely with the SENCO to manage and maintain student records, Individual Education Plans (EHCPs), and other relevant documentation.
- Assist in the coordination of special educational needs assessments and meetings, ensuring that all stakeholders are informed and engaged.
- Support the SENCO in liaising with teachers, parents, and external professionals to facilitate the delivery of personalised support for students with SEND.
- Assist the SENDCO in arranging meetings and completing documentation around Early Help/TAFs, working with professionals to support parents/families experiencing a range of difficulties.
- Maintain an organised system for tracking and ordering resources and materials for students with special educational needs.
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategies and interventions to support students with SEND.
- Help create and distribute informative materials and resources to promote awareness of SEND within the school community.
- Provide administrative support for SENCO-led training sessions and workshops for staff members.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements related to SEND provision.
- Complete statutory census returns
- Help maintain a positive and inclusive school culture where all students can thrive.
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with discretion.
- Proficiency in office software (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite) and administrative tools.
- Previous experience in an educational or administrative role is preferred but not essential.
- Have the personal qualities of kindness, patience, empathy, compassion and a sense of humour!
At our school we believe that 'Every Child Can Succeed' and we are looking for someone with a clear understanding of working within an ethos which combines nurture and challenge.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires a DBS disclosure. This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
If you have any questions about the post please contact Marnie England our SENDCo on 01395 272935 or e-mail email@example.com.
To apply for this post, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationEast DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
£11.81 - £12.70 per hour
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
30 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required