Are you a kind and caring individual, passionate about delivering high quality patient care?
Our small and supportive multi-disciplinary Baywide Social Care team are looking for two Band 6 qualified Social Workers to join us. With further training and experience, there will be opportunities for you to apply for more senior positions at bands 7 and above.
As a Social Worker, you will make a positive difference to individuals and families by helping them live their lives more successfully. You will be working in partnership with service users, their carers and families to develop and provide social care assessment, intervention and discharge planning for individuals of working age in our Torbay and South Devon locality.
To do this, you will undertake holistic social care assessments, in partnership with service users, families and carers, prepare care plans and commission services to ensure the most beneficial and cost-effective care packages are established, delivered and reviewed, whilst complying with all statutory requirements within our policies and guidelines.
Main duties of the job
• Liaising with service users and external stakeholders in a face-to-face capacity as well as by telephone and email to support informed decision making;
• To be a core member of a multi-disciplinary Baywide Social Care Team and contribute to the effective assessment and care planning with adults in Torbay. This can include moving into other Baywide teams to support with urgent response duty work. As such, you would be expected to move between teams as required;
• Work alongside the social work and community teams providing evidence-based interventions, assessment and support planning consistent with Human Rights legislation and be compliant with and practice utilising social care legislation including Care Act 2014 and Mental Capacity Act 2005;
• Plan and organise your caseload effectively;
• Prepare cost effective care plans and packages and work out provisions accurately;
• Work alongside service users who experience serious mental illness and support enabling social care provisions. You will have specific responsibilities in the context of Safeguarding Adults from abuse or neglect and operating in a manner consistent with Human Rights legislation. This includes initial information gathering within the Safeguarding Single Point of Contact (SPOC) to assist in establishing statutory duties in response to adult abuse concerns raised.
Working for your organisation
At Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust, we are a motivated and caring team that enjoys mentoring and coaching team members and students to become the best versions of themselves and will support you during your career with us.
You will commence employment with a starting salary of £35,392 per annum (pro rata), progressing in line with the NHS Agenda for Change Band 6 framework.
Your package with us includes a lot more than just your pay! To have a healthy work life balance, we offer flexible working in line with service requirements. So, why choose us?
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
As a Social Worker, you could:
• Offer information and counselling to clients and put together support plans;
• Help clients develop and maintain independent living skills;
• Support clients' safety and act to protect them when necessary;
• Work closely with communities, health professionals and other agencies;
• Meet with individuals and families to review their situation;
• Keep records, write reports and discuss cases with your supervisors.
Our Baywide social care Service is made up of three Adult Social Care Community teams:
• Front End;
• Complex Care;
• Specialist Services.
These teams provide specialist social care interventions and work in an integrated way with health colleagues to ensure the delivery of high-quality care services for people living in Torbay.
Visit our TSDFT Candidate brief - Social Worker to discover why you should come join us, or download the job description to read about this role in full. Please showcase your suitability for this role within your supporting information, referring to our job description and person specification.
Want to get in touch? Contact Samantha French, Recruiting Manager, on 01803 219700 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an information chat.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTorbayDevonTorquay
- Work Postcode
Torquay and Paignton
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
£35,392 - £42,618 (pro rata for part time)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimePart Time
37.5 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required