Full Time 37 hours per week
We are looking for a positive and motivated Social Worker to join our integrated Community Health and Social Care team covering the Tavistock area. Either based in our Tavistock office or working from home as part of our hybrid working policy, you will undertake a key SW role within our Disability Focus specialism team. You will be working with young people from 17 years old (Preparing for Adulthood) through to adults aged 65 who present with a range of physical and / or learning disability as well enduring health conditions, to assess eligible needs under the Care Act, supporting MCA-compliant decision making and ensuring the Safeguarding of adults at risk of abuse.
Our aim is to enable people to be as independent, healthy, and engaged with their communities as possible by empowering people to work towards person- centred, solution-focussed outcomes within a ‘Citizenship’ model and which includes technology enabled care approaches. We promote a user-led service that works closely with the person, family and a range of organisations within the Statutory, voluntary and provider services.’
Social Worker Career Pathway
We have implemented the first phase of a new Social Worker Career Pathway within our Adults and Children’s Services, with our vacancies available at the Social Worker (Grade F) or Experienced Social Worker (Grade G) levels. Our Social Worker and Experienced Social Worker roles align with the national Professional Capability Framework (PCF) for Social Workers, which provides a robust structure for all local authorities to use as a way of standardising professional capabilities and provides a clear career pathway.
This is a fantastic opportunity to provide you with an achievable, clear pathway for your career; to enable you as a practitioner to reflect and identify your own practice and development on the PCF pathway.
If successful in being shortlisted for interview, your experience, skills and knowledge, will be assessed against the PCF domains and if found appointable, this will determine your appointment to either the Social Worker (Grade F) or Experienced Social Worker level (Grade G).
With on-going learning and support from your line manager, those appointed as a Social Worker will be able to evidence incremental learning and submit an application in due course for progression to the Experienced Social Worker (Grade G) via a portfolio of supporting evidence against the PCF framework.
What we can offer you
- We are committed to your continuous professional development, doing all we can to help you to get the most from your career. You will receive excellent support and supervision, with regular opportunities to discuss and reflect on your practice, both with your line manager and peers.
- We offer 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, rising incrementally to 30 days after 5 years’ service.
- Flexible working opportunities are available, these include part-time hours, flexitime, compressed working hours and homeworking (this is subject to the needs of the role – please discuss at further at interview)
- Offer an opportunity to enter a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- As a place to live and work, Devon is hard to beat with top-performing schools, universities, vibrant cities, pretty villages and some of the most scenic coast and countryside in the UK. Living and working in Devon as an Social Worker has never been more attractive.
- If you are looking to make the move to Devon, subject to qualifying conditions, relocation support of up to £10,000, may be available.
For further information on this role, please contact Zoe Embleton on firstname.lastname@example.org