We are a social care team who work with adults with Learning Disabilities/Autism and ADHD who are placed outside of Devon.
As a team we offer an exciting opportunity to travel the country and work with people and providers who are living outside of Devon.
The team was originally set up in the wake of Winterbourne view, which has given us a drive to remain personal centred and support peoples voices to be heard.
We work with people with a variety of different support needs who live within a multitude of different settings, from supported living, community homes, residential and supporting people who are leaving hospital.
Our job can be both rewarding and challenging at the same time, where we are constantly juggling different policies and legislation from across the country. There is an expectation that you will be available to travel country wide and we will support you to do this.
Within this role you don’t necessarily need to be located within Devon however, you will be required to join the team monthly in person for a team meeting.
What we can offer you
- We are committed to your continuous professional development, doing all we can to help you to get the most from your career. You will receive excellent support and supervision, with regular opportunities to discuss and reflect on your practice, both with your line manager and peers.
- We offer 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, rising incrementally to 30 days after 5 years’ service.
- Flexible working opportunities are available, these include part-time hours, flexitime, compressed working hours and homeworking (this is subject to the needs of the role – please discuss at further at interview)
- Offer an opportunity to enter a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- As a place to live and work, Devon is hard to beat with top-performing schools, universities, vibrant cities, pretty villages and some of the most scenic coast and countryside in the UK. Living and working in Devon as an Social Worker has never been more attractive.
- If you are looking to make the move to Devon, subject to qualifying conditions, relocation supportof up to £10,000, may be available.
Social Worker Career Pathway
We have implemented the first phase of a new Social Worker Career Pathway, with our vacancies available at the Social Worker (Grade F) or Experienced Social Worker (Grade G) levels. Our Social Worker and Experienced Social Worker roles align with the national Professional Capability Framework (PCF) for Social Workers, which provides a robust structure for all local authorities to use as a way of standardising professional capabilities and provides a clear career pathway.
This is a fantastic opportunity to provide you with an achievable, clear pathway for your career; to enable you as a practitioner to reflect and identify your own practice and development on the PCF pathway.
If successful in being shortlisted for interview, your experience, skills and knowledge, will be assessed against the PCF domains and if found appointable, this will determine your appointment to either the Social Worker (Grade F) or Experienced Social Worker level (Grade G).
With on-going learning and support from your line manager, those appointed as a Social Worker will be able to evidence incremental learning and submit an application in due course for progression to the Experienced Social Worker (Grade G) via a portfolio of supporting evidence against the PCF framework.
For further information on this role please contact Chris Ansell on 01392 380755 or firstname.lastname@example.org