Social Worker - Safeguarding Adult Eastern Hub (ref.4837)
- Full Time
- £33,820 to £39,493 per annum, pro rata
Fulltime, 37 hours per week
We are looking for a pro-active and person-centred Social Worker to join the Eastern Devon Safeguarding Adult Hub, where you will be able to
- Practice in line with “making safeguarding personal” whilst ensuring that the six key principles of safeguarding adult work are embedded
- Develop your knowledge and application of differing sets of legislative frameworks
- Apply risk enablement principals in triaging safeguarding adult concerns to determine whether thresholds for a section 42.2 enquiry are met
- Participate and engage in partnership working with a wide range of other professionals and agencies
- Become involved at a local level in informing national work which continues to develop the safeguarding adult framework
- Have exposure to more complex safeguarding issues such as county-lines, modern slavery and the PREVENT agenda
- Become involved in supporting Devon County Council in its work to improve local safeguarding adult practice and systems, ensuring that as a lead agency we continue to deliver an effective safeguarding response across our local communities.
This is an exciting opportunity if you have an interest in adult safeguarding work or wish to expand your knowledge and experience within this area of work.
You will be part of a skilled and friendly team of Experienced Social Workers and Social Care Assessors, supported by dedicated Team Managers and an Advanced Practitioner, with regular supervision, team meetings and access to learning and development opportunities.
Your office base will be in Exeter, with the opportunity to work flexibly from home for a part of the week. Occasional travel within the community may also be expected, to support partnership work in relation to adult safeguarding.
Social Worker Career Pathway
We have implemented the first phase of a new Social Worker Career Pathway within our Adults Services, with our vacancies available at the Social Worker (Grade F) or Experienced Social Worker (Grade G) levels. Our Social Worker and Experienced Social Worker roles align with the national Professional Capability Framework (PCF) for Social Workers, which provides a robust structure for all local authorities to use as a way of standardising professional capabilities and provides a clear career pathway.
This is a fantastic opportunity to provide you with an achievable, clear pathway for your career; to enable you as a practitioner to reflect and identify your own practice and development on the PCF pathway.
If successful in being shortlisted for interview, your experience, skills and knowledge, will be assessed against the PCF domains and if found appointable, this will determine your appointment to either the Social Worker (Grade F) or Experienced Social Worker level (Grade G).
With on-going learning and support from your line manager, those appointed as a Social Worker will be able to evidence incremental learning and submit an application in due course for progression to the Experienced Social Worker (Grade G) via a portfolio of supporting evidence against the PCF framework.
What we can offer you
- We are committed to your continuous professional development, doing all we can to help you to get the most from your career. You will receive excellent support and supervision, with regular opportunities to discuss and reflect on your practice, both with your line manager and peers.
- We offer 26 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, rising incrementally to 31 days after 5 years’ service.
- Flexible working opportunities are available, these include part-time hours, flexitime, compressed working hours and homeworking (this is subject to the needs of the role – please discuss at further at interview)
- Offer an opportunity to enter a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- As a place to live and work, Devon is hard to beat with top-performing schools, universities, vibrant cities, pretty villages and some of the most scenic coast and countryside in the UK. Living and working in Devon as a Social Worker has never been more attractive.
- If you are looking to make the move to Devon, subject to qualifying conditions, relocation support of up to £10,000, may be available.
- Visa sponsorship may also be offered as part of the relocation support package, terms and conditions apply.
You can discuss the role further by contacting Sarah Leach, Team Manager on tel: 01392 38300 email: email@example.com or Mercedes Sanchez-Capdevila, incoming Team Manager on tel: 01392 383000 email: firstname.lastname@example.org