The post holder will be responsible working as the Social Worker within Reaching for Independence Team (RFI), covering South Devon, undertaking reviews. Day to day allocation of work will be set in discussion with the enabling manager.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Reaching for Independence Team in South Devon taking practice supervision from the Team Manager overseeing 3 Social Workers and 4 Social Care Assessors who will be located in each of the 7 RFI teams in Devon.
These workers will be allocated overdue reviews from ASC, AST and CDP waiting lists where a strengths based approach can lead to greater levels of independence for people living with disabilities as well as picking up and competing some review to enact changes for people who have completed a period of service with RFI.
They will work in conjunction with Reaching for independence staff to review outcomes, identify and support people to achieve their goals which lead to increased self-support including the use of technologies which enable autonomy.
You will be responsible for the practice supervision of staff, identifying and monitoring performance targets and linking with ASC, AST and CDP Team Managers across the County.
You will offer support and guidance to staff on an individual basis so that they are skilled and empowered to reframe expectations, demonstrate strengths based practice in supporting people to identify and achieve outcomes and goals.
Building on individuals’ strengths, aspirations and goals is at the heart of reaching for independence.
To succeed in this role, you will have demonstrable experience of leading and managing service change and developing a diverse staff team. You will need to be dynamic, resilient, forward thinking, and able to work in a changing environment.
If you are committed to enabling people to live their best life and believe you have what we are looking for, we want to hear from you!
We have recently implemented the first phase of a new Social Worker Career Pathway within our Adults and Children’s Services, with our vacancies available at the Social Worker (Grade F) or Experienced Social Worker (Grade G) levels. Our Social Worker and Experienced Social Worker roles align with the national Professional Capability Framework (PCF) for Social Workers, which provides a robust structure for all local authorities to use as a way of standardising professional capabilities and provides a clear career pathway.
This is a fantastic opportunity to provide you with an achievable, clear pathway for your career; to enable you as a practitioner to reflect and identify your own practice and development on the PCF pathway.
If successful in being shortlisted for interview, your experience, skills and knowledge, will be assessed against the PCF domains and if found appointable, this will determine your appointment to either the Social Worker (Grade F) or Experienced Social Worker level (Grade G).
With on-going learning and support from your line manager, those appointed as a Social Worker will be able to evidence incremental learning and submit an application in due course for progression to the Experienced Social Worker (Grade G) via a portfolio of supporting evidence against the PCF framework.
What we can offer you
- We are committed to your continuous professional development, doing all we can to help you to get the most from your career. You will receive excellent support and supervision, with regular opportunities to discuss and reflect on your practice, both with your line manager and peers.
- We offer 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, rising incrementally to 30 days after 5 years’ service.
- Flexible working opportunities are available, these include part-time hours, flexitime, compressed working hours and homeworking (this is subject to the needs of the role – please discuss at further at interview)
- Offer an opportunity to enter a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- As a place to live and work, Devon is hard to beat with top-performing schools, universities, vibrant cities, pretty villages and some of the most scenic coast and countryside in the UK. Living and working in Devon as an Social Worker has never been more attractive. If you need to make the move to Devon, relocation support may be available.
For an informal discussion please contact Di Combe on 07966878138