Social Worker - Holsworthy & Torrington CHSCT (Ref.4497)
- Full Time
- £33,820 - £39,493 per annum
Delivering a social care pathway in line with the requirements of the Care Act 2014. A strong focus on offering a personalised and person-centred approach to assessment, support planning, safeguarding and review; Strong, effective communication skills as you will be working in partnership with other statutory and voluntary sector organisations; Commitment to involving service users and carers in the delivery of a high quality and equitable service.
Bringing a comprehensive working knowledge of the issues currently impacting on social care delivery, you will be up-to-date with policy and practice development. The roles require travelling significant distances, sometimes in urgent situations and without prior notice, in a rural environment where public transport may not be available. You will need to hold a current full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
We cover a large area including some rural communities as well as towns and villages across North Devon.
Our team is closely connected with NHS teams, other social care teams, district councils, housing and equipment providers. We are an enthusiastic supportive team made up of social care assessors, Social Workers and Occupational Therapists. The team carry out assessments face to face in the person’s own home and virtually using other forms of technology.
You will be part of a friendly, supportive and experienced team with regular peer support, supervision, appraisal, team meetings and a commitment to learning and development, having access to regular CPD sessions. You will have the opportunity to travel around the very scenic North Devon to assess and support the people that we work with.
You will be assessing the needs of adults with a wide range of disabilities and health conditions across North Devon. Clinical responsibilities include enabling people to maximise their independence and potential, as well as increasing their safety through reducing and managing risk to themselves and their carers.
You will be required to hold and manage a caseload and provide a person-centred service through assessment and review within the context of local government policy and legislation.
We are looking for enthusiastic Social Work professionals across Devon who can evidence a commitment to strengths-based practice, a real pride in their profession and passion for delivering a social care pathway to individuals accessing secondary mental health services.
What we can offer you
- We are committed to your continuous professional development, doing all we can to help you to get the most from your career. You will receive excellent support and supervision, with regular opportunities to discuss and reflect on your practice, both with your line manager and peers.
- We offer 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, rising incrementally to 30 days after 5 years’ service.
- Flexible working opportunitiesare available, these include part-time hours, flexitime, compressed working hours and homeworking (this is subject to the needs of the role – please discuss at further at interview)
- Offer an opportunity to enter a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- As a place to live and work, Devon is hard to beat with top-performing schools, universities, vibrant cities, pretty villages and some of the most scenic coast and countryside in the UK. Living and working in Devon as an Social Worker has never been more attractive.
- If you are looking to make the move to Devon, subject to qualifying conditions, relocation support of up to £10,000, may be available.
Social Worker Career Pathway
We have implemented the first phase of a new Social Worker Career Pathway, with our vacancies available at the Social Worker (Grade F) or Experienced Social Worker (Grade G) levels. Our Social Worker and Experienced Social Worker roles align with the national Professional Capability Framework (PCF) for Social Workers, which provides a robust structure for all local authorities to use as a way of standardising professional capabilities and provides a clear career pathway.
This is a fantastic opportunity to provide you with an achievable, clear pathway for your career; to enable you as a practitioner to reflect and identify your own practice and development on the PCF pathway.
If successful in being shortlisted for interview, your experience, skills and knowledge, will be assessed against the PCF domains and if found appointable, this will determine your appointment to either the Social Worker (Grade F) or Experienced Social Worker level (Grade G).
With on-going learning and support from your line manager, those appointed as a Social Worker will be able to evidence incremental learning and submit an application in due course for progression to the Experienced Social Worker (Grade G) via a portfolio of supporting evidence against the PCF framework.
For further information on this role please contact Joan Davey on email@example.com or 07583 051968