We are looking for 2 x Social Workers to join our Adult Health and Social Care Team in Exeter
The Exeter Central and East Adult Social Care team is based in Exeter and we are comprised of a team of colleagues from a range of professional backgrounds including Social Work,
Occupational Therapy and non-professionally qualified staff.
We have a diverse demographic and the team supports work with adults of working age with a physical and/ or learning disability including transition to adulthood, older persons with physical disabilities and/ or mental health, including dementia, and carers.
The wide range of skills, experience and inter-professional approach allows the sharing of skills to ensure the team can work flexibly and constructively to support individuals and carers.
We aim to deliver a strength-based service, promoting and improving independence, ensuring comprehensive person-centred assessments, reviews and interventions, completing court work, leading on safeguarding whilst managing difficult conversations to balance a person’s choice within the legal framework and policies.
We have a really strong team spirit; we work to support each other across the team and work collaboratively with our heath colleagues. We are passionate about supporting our colleagues to progress their professional and career development.
Social Worker Career Pathway
We have implemented the first phase of a new Social Worker Career Pathway, with our vacancies available at the Social Worker (Grade F) or Experienced Social Worker (Grade G) levels. Our Social Worker and Experienced Social Worker roles align with the national Professional Capability Framework (PCF) for Social Workers, which provides a robust structure for all local authorities to use as a way of standardising professional capabilities and provides a clear career pathway.
This is a fantastic opportunity to provide you with an achievable, clear pathway for your career; to enable you as a practitioner to reflect and identify your own practice and development on the PCF pathway.
If successful in being shortlisted for interview, your experience, skills and knowledge, will be assessed against the PCF domains and if found appointable, this will determine your appointment to either the Social Worker (Grade F) or Experienced Social Worker level (Grade G).
With on-going learning and support from your line manager, those appointed as a Social Worker will be able to evidence incremental learning and submit an application in due course for progression to the Experienced Social Worker (Grade G) via a portfolio of supporting evidence against the PCF framework.
What we can offer you
- We are committed to your continuous professional development, doing all we can to help you excel in your career and with new and exciting opportunities for career development. You will receive excellent support and supervision, with regular opportunities to discuss and reflect on your practice, both with your line manager and peers.
- We offer 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, rising incrementally to 30 days after 5 years’ service.
- Flexible working opportunities are available, these include flexitime, compressed working hours and homeworking (this is subject to the needs of the role – please discuss at further at interview)
- Offer an opportunity to enter a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- As a place to live and work, Devon is hard to beat with top-performing schools, universities, vibrant cities, pretty villages and some of the most scenic coast and countryside in the UK. Living and working in Devon as a Social Worker has never been more attractive.
- If you are looking to make the move to Devon, subject to qualifying conditions, relocation support of up to £10,000, may be available.
If you have any queries, please contact Kayleigh Bradford Health and Social Care Community Services Manager firstname.lastname@example.org/ 07816956274
Please note Devon County Council is not currently offering VISA sponsorship for this role. We will only consider applicants with valid Right to Work in the UK.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
£31,895 - £32,798 (Grade F) or £33,486 - £37,568 (Grade G) per annum (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 Hours Per Week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required