Full Time, 37 Hours per Week (or part-time negotiable).
Social Worker – Eastern Devon Reviewing Team
The post holder will be responsible working as a Social Worker within Reviewing Teams within Eastern Devon undertaking reviews. Day to day allocation of work will be set in discussion with the manager. You will receive practice supervision from the Team Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the new Reviewing Team, with a main focus on individuals with Disabilities 18-65 years, consisting of 2 Social workers and 2.7 Social Care assessors in the beautiful area of Eastern Devon (which stretches from the border of Dorset to Okehampton, and includes Exeter.) The team will ostensibly be based in Exeter but the posts will mainly require mobile working and working from home flexibly.
These workers will be allocated reviews from Adult Social Care Teams and Care Direct Plus waiting lists. The emphasis will be upon a strengths-based approach leading to greater levels of independence for people living with disabilities. The Reviewing team workers will be working closely with our Reaching For Independence enabling Teams to maximise independence.
They will review outcomes, identify and support people to achieve their goals which lead to increased self-support.
Exploring the use of technologies which enable autonomy will be a crucial element in this work.
You will be responsible for the practice supervision of Social Care Assessor staff, identifying and monitoring performance targets and linking with ASC, AST and CDP Team Managers across the area.
You will offer support and guidance to staff on an individual basis so that they are skilled and empowered to reframe expectations, demonstrate strengths-based practice in supporting people to identify and achieve outcomes and goals.
We are looking for practitioners with a commitment to building on individuals’ strengths, aspirations and goals, which is at the heart of the Reviewing Team approach.
This team will need to maximise the independence and self-determination of individuals and minimise their reliance on support. ‘Status Quo’ reviews are generally not the aim, as we seek to raise expectations and help individuals continually progress and develop with their goals.
To succeed in this role you will need to be dynamic, resilient, forward thinking, and able to work in a changing environment.
If you are committed to enabling people to live their best life and believe you have what we are looking for, we want to hear from you!
We have recently implemented the first phase of a new Social Worker Career Pathway within our Adults and Children’s Services, with our vacancies available at the Social Worker (Grade F) or Experienced Social Worker (Grade G) levels. Our Social Worker and Experienced Social Worker roles align with the national Professional Capability Framework (PCF) for Social Workers, which provides a robust structure for all local authorities to use as a way of standardising professional capabilities and provides a clear career pathway.
This is a fantastic opportunity to provide you with an achievable, clear pathway for your career; to enable you as a practitioner to reflect and identify your own practice and development on the PCF pathway.
If successful in being shortlisted for interview, your experience, skills and knowledge, will be assessed against the PCF domains and if found appointable, this will determine your appointment to either the Social Worker (Grade F) or Experienced Social Worker level (Grade G).
With on-going learning and support from your line manager, those appointed as a Social Worker will be able to evidence incremental learning and submit an application in due course for progression to the Experienced Social Worker (Grade G) via a portfolio of supporting evidence against the PCF framework.
What we can offer you
- We are committed to your continuous professional development, doing all we can to help you to get the most from your career. You will receive excellent support and supervision, with regular opportunities to discuss and reflect on your practice, both with your line manager and peers.
- We offer 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, rising incrementally to 30 days after 5 years’ service.
- Flexible working opportunities are available, these include part-time hours, flexitime, compressed working hours and homeworking (this is subject to the needs of the role – please discuss at further at interview)
- Offer an opportunity to enter a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- As a place to live and work, Devon is hard to beat with top-performing schools, universities, vibrant cities, pretty villages and some of the most scenic coast and countryside in the UK. Living and working in Devon as an Social Worker has never been more attractive. If you need to make the move to Devon, relocation support may be available.
For an informal discussion please contact the Disability Lead whom would welcome your interest : Leo Trimming – 07854 902194 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note Devon County Council is not currently offering VISA sponsorship for this role. We will only consider applicants with valid Right to Work in the UK.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationEast DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
£31,895 - £37,568 Per Annum Pro Rata
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimeVariable HoursPart Time
Up to 37 Hours Per Week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required