Barnstaple Community Health & Social Care Team is an integrated health and social care team, focused on supporting people with long term conditions and/or complex needs to stay well and independent in the community.
The team is made up of a range of health and social care professionals including therapists, nursing staff, community matrons, social care professionals and representatives from the voluntary sector.
We are looking for a Social Worker/Experienced Social Worker to join our community social care team, which sits within the wider Barnstaple Health & Social Care Team.
The Social Worker will be required to work with adults of all ages and with all client groups including but not exhaustive to Adults transitioning from children’s services (PFA), Adults with a Learning Disability, physical disability and mental health difficulties.
The Social worker must be motivated, well organised, dynamic, have an eye for detail, be comfortable with change and have a positive approach to multidisciplinary team working. We are a small team, with great links with our peers, health colleagues and other local agencies.
We are keen to support students and Newly Qualified Social Workers and we are also keen to support the team with keeping up to date with changes in practice, for example, DCC policy, case law etc. This is reflected by providing both SCA’s and Social Worker’s with protected team each month to do this and to keep up to date with CPD.
Social Worker Career Pathway
We have implemented the first phase of a new Social Worker Career Pathway within Adults Services, with our vacancies available at the Social Worker (Grade F) or Experienced Social Worker (Grade G) levels. Our Social Worker and Experienced Social Worker roles align with the national Professional Capability Framework (PCF) for Social Workers, which provides a robust structure for all local authorities to use as a way of standardising professional capabilities and provides a clear career pathway.
This is a fantastic opportunity to provide you with an achievable, clear pathway for your career; to enable you as a practitioner to reflect and identify your own practice and development on the PCF pathway.
If successful in being shortlisted for interview, your experience, skills and knowledge, will be assessed against the PCF domains and if found appointable, this will determine your appointment to either the Social Worker (Grade F) or Experienced Social Worker level (Grade G).
With on-going learning and support from your line manager, those appointed as a Social Worker will be able to evidence incremental learning and submit an application in due course for progression to the Experienced Social Worker (Grade G) via a portfolio of supporting evidence against the PCF framework.
What we can offer you
- We are committed to your continuous professional development, doing all we can to help you to get the most from your career. You will receive excellent support and supervision, with regular opportunities to discuss and reflect on your practice, both with your line manager and peers.
- We offer 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, rising incrementally to 30 days after 5 years’ service.
- Flexible working opportunities are available, these include part-time hours, flexitime, compressed working hours and homeworking (this is subject to the needs of the role – please discuss at further at interview)
- Offer an opportunity to enter a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- As a place to live and work, Devon is hard to beat with top-performing schools, universities, vibrant cities, pretty villages and some of the most scenic coast and countryside in the UK. Living and working in Devon as a Social Worker has never been more attractive.
- If you are looking to make the move to Devon, subject to qualifying conditions, relocation support of up to £10,000, may be available.
For further information on this role please contact Casey Symons – email@example.com or 01392 383000