Full Time and Part Time Opportunities Available
If you want to join a team which is innovative, supportive, promotes the development of your skills and gives you the opportunity to experience various roles across Integrated Adult Social Care and Health, then the Peripatetic Team is for you.
What is the Peripatetic Team?
We provide County Wide support for a variety of service needs, for example, increase in workloads and vacancies within teams. The rotations you undertake will usually be for 3 months, but this can vary.
Where possible, we aim to plan your rotations around the locality of where you live. Depending on the location of your rotations, travel expenses and time could be claimed in line with our Devon County Council policy.
The entire team practice in a Peripatetic capacity, including two Team Managers, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Social Care Assessor’s, and newly qualified staff.
You will need to be a confident, flexible Social Worker who embraces change and who is willing to undertake rotations in various teams across Devon (community, hospital, or specialist team).
You will have the opportunity to develop your skills in areas such as placement supervisor roles, supporting newly qualified workers, peer supervision and you be part of influencing the service development within the team.
The work will vary depending on the need, you will be assessing the needs of adults with a wide range of disabilities and health conditions.
As a Social Worker you will be responsible for producing outcome focused care plans for a range of complex needs within the context of managing risk, as well as providing professional advice, mentoring, and supporting others.
You will carry out Safeguarding Enquiries where adults are at risk of abuse or neglect and with good assessment skills, undertake Mental Capacity Act Assessments and make Best Interest decisions to ensure that people are living as independently as possible.
Employing a strengths-based approach, you will be creative in your thinking and person centred.
What we can offer you
The Peripatetic Team will offer you the ability to work flexibly, these include part-time hours, flexitime, compressed working hours and homeworking using the Hybrid model, which helps to achieve a positive work life balance.
Additionally, we provide 1-1 supervision, peer supervision and weekly team catch ups. You will have the opportunity to network across the teams, gain experience of various roles which will ensure continued development within your career.
Social Worker Career Pathway
We have implemented the first phase of a new Social Worker Career Pathway within our Adults Services, with our vacancies available at the Social Worker (Grade F) or Experienced Social Worker (Grade G) levels. Our Social Worker and Experienced Social Worker roles align with the national Professional Capability Framework (PCF) for Social Workers, which provides a robust structure for all local authorities to use as a way of standardising professional capabilities and provides a clear career pathway.
This is a fantastic opportunity to provide you with an achievable, clear pathway for your career; to enable you as a practitioner to reflect and identify your own practice and development on the PCF pathway.
If successful in being shortlisted for interview, your experience, skills and knowledge, will be assessed against the PCF domains and if found appointable, this will determine your appointment to either the Social Worker (Grade F) or Experienced Social Worker level (Grade G).
With on-going learning and support from your line manager, those appointed as a Social Worker will be able to evidence incremental learning and submit an application in due course for progression to the Experienced Social Worker (Grade G) via a portfolio of supporting evidence against the PCF framework.
What we can offer you
- We are committed to your continuous professional development, doing all we can to help you to get the most from your career. You will receive excellent support and supervision, with regular opportunities to discuss and reflect on your practice, both with your line manager and peers.
- We offer 26 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, rising incrementally to 31 days after 5 years’ service.
- Flexible working opportunities are available, these include part-time hours, flexitime, compressed working hours and homeworking (this is subject to the needs of the role – please discuss at further at interview)
- Offer an opportunity to enter a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- As a place to live and work, Devon is hard to beat with top-performing schools, universities, vibrant cities, pretty villages and some of the most scenic coast and countryside in the UK. Living and working in Devon as a Social Worker has never been more attractive.
- If you are looking to make the move to Devon, subject to qualifying conditions, relocation support of up to £10,000, may be available.
- Visa sponsorship may also be offered as part of the relocation support package, terms and conditions apply.
For an informal discussion, please contact Deb Beckerleg, Team Manager on 01392 383000 or via email on email@example.com
Internal Applicants, please note: If you are an existing DCC employee, please use your iTrent Employee Self Service (ESS) details to log in and apply.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working -The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
£35,745 - £41,418 per annum pro rata
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimePart Time
37 Hours Per Week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required