Are you looking for a role where you make a difference? Are you looking to be part of a flexible and supportive team? Do you have a positive and enthusiastic attitude towards learning, and are proactive and willing to help and support others? Are you looking to work in an organisation where you are valued and provided with an attractive benefits package? If the answer is yes, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
We are currently looking for a Social Work Team Resource Officer to join our Business Support Team working in Disabled Children Services.
Why come and work for Devon County Council?:
- Flexibility with working hours and agile working locations
- Excellent health & wellbeing culture within the organisation
- Excellent employee discount scheme – ‘Devon Discounts’ – Accommodation, Food & Drink, Leisure & Transport and more!
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Excellent ongoing internal learning, development & training opportunities
- Peninsula Pension scheme membership
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) – rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service. (pro rata for PT staff)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Opportunities for promotion and progression within the organisation
What skills & qualities we need from you?:
- Able to use a laptop (TEAMS/Outlook/Calendars/Microsoft Edge/Excel/Word). Basic Training will be provided.
- Positive & enthusiastic attitude towards learning and supporting your colleagues.
- Sense of humour.
- Some experience of note taking (typed) at meetings or willingness to learn the task.
- Good communication skills & the ability to build good working relationships with team members and wider colleagues.
- Ability to plan workload for the day and be adaptable when service needs might change.
- Ability to think on your feet and work with colleagues to resolve problems.
- Remain calm and resilient under pressure.
What key tasks/responsibilities will the role involve (SWTRO):
You will be using a laptop and various internal systems and Microsoft packages to conduct your role.
- You will be working in an ‘agile’ way – some home working and some office-based work.
- Drafting & responding to emails.
- Note taking at virtual TEAMS meetings (typed).
- Uploading/downloading evidence to/from internal systems.
- Inputting data into spreadsheet/word documents.
- Supporting a manager and group of Social Workers with social care documents & administration.
- Providing direct support to Area Managers/Team Managers.
- Supporting with health assessment paperwork.
- Supporting with completion of applications for passports & driving licences.
- Supporting arranging medical assessments.
- Supporting with arranging transport for children & families.
- Supporting with preparing paperwork for children moving into care.
Are you interested by what you have seen above? Then do not delay! This is your opportunity to join a fun, vibrant and dynamic team. Click the apply button below NOW!
Part of the application will include you having to type a supporting statement. It is Important that you look at the job description and person specification when typing your supporting statement and provide examples to show how you can demonstrate your skills and qualities! The supporting statement will form a VITAL part of the selection process, including if you will be invited to formal interview stage! Remember to sell yourself!
Interviews will be held virtually via TEAMS (you will need access to a laptop/computer with webcam & microphone).
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
If you would like to find out more about the role above please feel free to contact the following person for an informal discussion before applying:
Service Support Manager