We are looking to recruit to an administration role, Social Work Team Resource Officer.
About the service:
The Disabled Children’s Service provides assessment, support and advice for all children who have a diagnosed disability. The service consists of social workers and community care workers who work across Devon.
We aim to provide children and their families with the opportunity to have their needs assessed – through a social work assessment and/or Resource Allocation Scheme (RAS) – in order to determine the most effective and appropriate level of support.
Would you like to work as part of a dedicated and friendly team?
Do you have an interest in administration and Children’s Social Care?
We are looking for someone with good communication skills and a helpful, can-do attitude.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible Working Hours (Monday to Friday)
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Development Opportunities
- Perks at Work and Discounts Scheme
- 21 Days Annual Leave rising incrementally to 29 (plus 2 statutory days over the Christmas Period, and Bank Holidays)
About the role:
Working within our Digital Transformation and Business Support team, the Social Work Team Resource Officer is a vital part of a team ensuring that back office functions continue to support our frontline Children’s Social Work Teams to flourish and grow, which is a critical priority for Devon County Council
Reporting to the Service Support Manager, this role is a key support post. Day to day tasks include:
- Effective administrative support for the smooth running of the office by undertaking a range of administrative support tasks.
- Attendance at designated meetings and the taking of and production of minutes as required.
- Dealing with enquiries and meeting attendees
- Providing support and guidance to colleagues, assisting in the creation and reviewing of business processes, policies and procedures and the gathering/interpretation/presentation of basic data, alongside chasing and following up defined actions.
- Supporting the use of technology
- Supporting the Local Area Manager with day to day administrative tasks which include diary management.
About Business Support to Childrens Social Care:
Our aim is to support our busy Social Care Teams to achieve effective and efficient use of ICT and administrative processes that deliver best outcomes for children; including keeping vulnerable children safe; promoting children’s health and wellbeing; delivering social care and a range of other local community services, working together with partner agencies and professionals.
For more information about this role, please see the Job Description attached.
If you are interested in this position, please apply today and we look forward to receiving your application.
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
£22,369 - £24,496 per annum
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week, 09:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required