Remote and locations across Devon
Temp Solutions is the temporary staffing bank run by Devon County Council, supplying temporary staff to Council departments and other third-party public/voluntary sector organisations.
If you're a flexible and motivated individual looking to make a difference in the lives of Devon's people then we want to hear from you! Working with Temp Solutions gives you access to a diverse range of placements and the opportunity to have some flexibility in your work/life balance.
The roles we have on offer are across our Business Support Services include:
- Service Support Officer
- Service Support Assistant
The roles all differ in lengths of time however they are typically from 3 to 6 months with the possibility of extending.
Whilst we remain to work remotely some roles may require to work directly at specific locations.
Job Purpose including main duties and responsibilities:
The Business Support Service provides a comprehensive administrative and secretarial support service, on a County wide basis, to all Services within Devon County Council.
The Service Support Officer forms part of the Business Support Service and provides effective, efficient and specialist operational support to a comprehensive range of Service areas.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To act on behalf of the Service as the senior administrator, to implement, operate and maintain a range of statutory, regulatory and corporate business processes and systems as required to support the efficient operation of the Services.
- To assist the Service Support Manager in reviewing, on a continuous basis, the effectiveness of all processes and making recommendations for improvement - including identifying and resolving administrative systems and process issues.
- The post will be flexible and responsive to the resolution of urgent matters, for example: Provision of information including statistical data, organisation and team structures to data cleanse, validate and update staff and property data where necessary.
- To support and provide up to data accurate management information as required
- To provide timely and accurate data surrounding Freedom of Information requests as required.
- Prepare, compile and distribute agendas and supporting paperwork to assist relevant staff and managers in their preparation for meetings/panels/conferences.
- Organise and attend designated meetings/panels/conferences, to include the taking, production and distribution of minutes.
- To complete all post meeting/panel/conference administration as required.
- To work flexibly and provide cover for other Business Support staff to ensure that office cover is provided across all Services at all times to meet the business needs.
With such a variety of placements on offer, we're looking for candidates that have the flexibility to meet the demands of temporary bank work. You'll have excellent interpersonal skills, and work hard to deliver a friendly and professional service to customers and colleagues alike regardless of the environment you're working in.
You don't need to have worked in local government before - we're most interested in the skills and experience that you can offer us. Experience within an administrative, clerical or customer service environment is of interest to us, but we're keen to hear from candidates with diverse career backgrounds.
What we can offer you
Working with Temp Solutions offers a great opportunity to try a variety of roles, and potentially explore a new career path that you might never have considered! In return for the vital contribution you make to the delivery of Devon's public services, you'll get:
- Competitive pay in line with local government pay scales
- Up to 28 days paid annual leave per year (pro-rata) - accrued and paid separately from working hours
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme - an attractive, career-average pension
- Access to a variety of temporary placements across the County Council and other organisations
For an informal discussion about this role, please call 01392 383000 and ask for Temp Solutions.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
£10.39 - £11.25 per hour
- Job TermCasual
- Appointment TypeFull TimePart Time
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required