Monday – Friday (flexible working available)
We are looking for a Service Support Officer to join the Preparing for Adulthood Team (PFA). The Preparing for Adulthood Team, part of Adult Social Care, is a Devon county-wide social care team that work with young people from the age of 14 up until 25. The Team works to the Care Act principles to engage with young people with a disability ensuring that independent living skills are promoted and maximised to facilitate young people’s ability to engage with their community, gaining employment, living as independently as possible, and enjoying life choices.
The Preparing for Adulthood team is looking for an experienced and dedicated Service Support Officer / Administrator to support the day to day running of the service as well as to play a significant role in aiding our further development.
You will play a central role in the delivery of the Preparing for Adulthood services through the application of IT systems such as; Care First 6, Eclipse, Excel, Office 365, IDOX / EHCP Hub, BI reports (training will be provided).
You will aid the team in reviewing the effectiveness of all processes and making recommendations for improvement - including identifying and resolving administrative systems and process issues.
The post will be flexible and responsive to the resolution of urgent matters, for example:
- maintaining adult social care database, validating information and client records, updating staff where necessary
- working closely with the Devon County Council Management Information Team to support and provide up to date accurate management information as required, sometimes at short notice
- provision of information including statistical data, organisation, and team structures.
You will receive contacts and queries from both professionals and members of the public, respond to a variety of referrals, liaise with other professionals, provide advice and information. You will be able to prioritise these enquiries either resolving issues raised or escalating to management and team members where appropriate to do so.
You will be able to prepare, compile and distribute agendas and supporting paperwork to assist relevant staff and managers in their preparation for meetings/panels/conferences.
Knowledge and/or experience of working within the context of a Local Authority or any other statutory organisation will be an advantage.
This post can offer an excellent opportunity to expand your knowledge and interest of social care.
In return, you will be part of a friendly, supportive, and experienced team of Social Workers, Social Care Assessors and Occupational Therapists with regular supervision and team meetings. You will work closely alongside an experienced full-time Service Support Officer who would provide you with initial induction and mentoring.
The service as a whole is still developing to respond to evolving needs of Adult Social Care, and you will play a significant part within this development.
As the Council responds to a more flexible approach to meeting business needs, there will be continued opportunity to work from home for elements of the role.
If you are a self-directed and motivated person who is comfortable working flexibly with an impeccable attention to detail, please contact Team Managers Simon Fleming or Magda Drake-Browning on 01392 383000 Simon Fleming firstname.lastname@example.org or Magda Drake-Browning email@example.com for an informal discussion.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
£20,444 - £22,571 per annum (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required