Service Support Officer – Health Partnership Team
Adult Social Care
Part Time 30 hours per week
This opportunity has arisen for a candidate interested in a Service Support Officer role to join our Adult Social Care team specialising in Continuing Healthcare, Funded Nursing Care and partnership working with health colleagues. This post is advertised due to a team member leaving.
You must have experience of clerical or administrative roles and have excellent IT skills.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated individual who has a commitment to working as a team and support to deliver high quality services. You should be able to demonstrate good communication skills, able to liaise with colleagues across health and social care and be flexible in your work.
This is a small team of 3 Advanced Practitioners (Social Workers) who need your support to organise training, managing incoming queries, manage information for meetings, take minutes, keep data for the team (for example training delivered) and support with updating our team SharePoint pages.
The role is varied, working with colleagues across Education, Health and Social Care. This is an exciting role, which offers variety in a multi-disciplinary context. An opportunity to develop a team alongside established colleagues.
The team covers the whole of Devon County Council and occasionally there may be a need to travel as part of your role.
What skills & qualities we need from you?:
- Able to use a laptop (TEAMS/Outlook/Calendars/Microsoft Edge/Excel/Word). Basic Training will be provided.
- Positive & enthusiastic attitude towards learning and supporting your colleagues.
- Some experience of note taking (typed) at meetings or willingness to learn the task.
- Good communication skills & the ability to build good working relationships with team members and wider colleagues.
- Ability to plan workload for the day and be adaptable when service needs might change.
- Ability to think on your feet and work with colleagues to resolve problems.
What key tasks/responsibilities will the role involve (SSO):
- You will be using a laptop and various internal systems and Microsoft packages to conduct your role.
- You will be working in an ‘agile’ way – some home working and some office-based work.
- Drafting & responding to emails.
- Supporting before/during/after meetings and panels in terms of administration.
- Note taking at a variety of meetings (typed), virtual and in person
- Working with administrators in health to co-ordinate training schedules
- Uploading/downloading information to/from internal systems.
- Inputting data into spreadsheet/word documents.
- Providing direct support to the Community Services Manager.
Part of the application will include you having to type a supporting statement. It is Important that you look at the job description and person specification when typing your supporting statement and provide examples to show how you can demonstrate your skills and qualities! The supporting statement will form a VITAL part of the selection process, including if you will be invited to formal interview stage. Remember to sell yourself!
Interviews may be held virtually via TEAMS (you will need access to a laptop/computer with webcam & microphone).
If you would like to find out more about the role above please feel free to contact the following person for an informal discussion before applying:
Marie Light 01392 381973 firstname.lastname@example.org
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
£20,444 to £22,571 per annum, pro rata
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
30 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required