Start date: ASAP
End date: Approx 8 months
Hours: Full time 37 hours per week
Job Location: County Hall, Exeter + Remote working from home
Temp Solutions is the temporary staffing bank run by Devon County Council, supplying temporary staff to Council departments and other third-party public/voluntary sector organisations.
If you're a flexible and motivated individual looking to make a difference in the lives of Devon's people then we want to hear from you! Working with Temp Solutions gives you access to a diverse range of placements and the opportunity to have some flexibility in your work/life balance.
The role that we have on offer is a Service Support Officer (SSO), working for our Business Support Team based in Exeter. This is a full time role, mainly working remotely, but you will be required to go into the office for 1 day per week.
The role will be for approximately 8 months.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- You will be using a laptop and various internal systems and Microsoft packages to conduct your role.
- You will be working in an ‘agile’ way – some home working and some office-based work.
- You will be drafting & responding to emails.
- Carrying out administration (research, compiling agenda, sending out invitations, *note taking (please see note below), distribution of minutes) at monthly MACE exploitation meetings
- Linking with REACH (Reducing Exploitation and Absence from Care and Home) team and undertaking processes around Missing Children.
- Providing support to Adolescent Safety framework area of service
- Collation of data on a regular basis.
- Participation in various virtual TEAMS meetings
- Uploading/downloading information to/from internal systems.
- Inputting data into spreadsheet/word documents/Eclipse database.
- Flexibility in supporting other administrative staff with office operations.
- Providing direct support to Area Managers/Team Managers.
*Minuting skills or happy to learn note taking, using a laptop.
We're looking for candidates that have the flexibility to meet the demands of temporary bank work offered within the role. You'll have excellent interpersonal skills, and work hard to deliver a friendly and professional service to customers and colleagues alike regardless of the environment you're working in.
Advisors will need previous experience of working in a Customer Service environment, ideally including telephone work. Competent IT skills and ability to use Microsoft Office packages and databases and also be competent in using the internet and other search engines to locate information.
You don't need to have worked in local government before - we're most interested in the skills and experience that you can offer us. Experience within an administrative, clerical or customer service environment is of interest to us, but we're keen to hear from candidates with diverse career backgrounds.
What we can offer you
Working with Temp Solutions offers a great opportunity to try a variety of roles, and potentially explore a new career path that you might never have considered! In return for the vital contribution you make to the delivery of Devon's public services, you'll get:
- Competitive pay in line with local government pay scales
- Up to 28 days paid annual leave per year (pro-rata) - accrued and paid separately from working hours
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme - an attractive, career-average pension
- Access to a variety of temporary placements across the County Council and other organisations
Please click apply now to see the Job Description for full details.
For an informal discussion about this role, please call 01392 383000 and ask for Temp Solutions.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Temp Solutions privacy notice
Information about Working for Devon.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
£11.59 per hour
- Job TermTemporary
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required