Fixed Term until 31/05/2024 (6 Months)
Delivering one of the largest frontline safeguarding services in Devon is a challenge but one that we thrive on.
Our busy, friendly staff deal with all aspects of business service/administrative support.
We are looking for a well organised and self-motivated person to join the Business Support Team and fill this vital role supporting frontline Child Protection and Children in Care organising all aspects of the meetings. This is one of our business critical, frontline safeguarding services, a key priority for Devon County Council.
You will need to have good communication and interpersonal skills. You will be able to quickly respond to changing priorities whilst maintaining attention to detail and possess excellent administrative and organisational skills to undertake and delegate tasks across the full range of business support activities.
You will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to:
- Work as a member of that team within a busy office environment
- Prioritise your own and others workload
- Work to tight deadlines
- Use initiative
- Input data accurately & produce work of a high standard
- Process sensitive and confidential information
- Have a good understanding of MS Office & effectively utilise technology and IT systems
- Communicate effectively at all levels
This job is offered as agile working, so some days will be at home & some in the office (County Hall, Exeter).
For an informal discussion please contact Alison Brooks, Service Support Manager, on 07813 459783 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click Apply Now to see the Job Description.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working - The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
£23,500 - £24,294 per annum, pro rata
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypePart Time
33.2 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required