Business Support’s aim is to support busy Social Workers and Professionals to deliver the best outcomes for children.
The Benefits of working for Devon County Council:
- Flexible Working Hours (Monday to Friday)
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Development Opportunities
- Perks at Work and Discounts Scheme
- Good rates of Annual Leave (including 2 statutory days to be taken over the Christmas period), plus Bank Holidays
- Good rates of pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
About Business Support to Children's Social Care:
Our aim is to support busy Social Workers and Professionals to achieve effective and efficient use of ICT and Administrative Processes that deliver best outcomes for children; including keeping vulnerable children safe; promoting children’s health and wellbeing; delivering social care and a range of other local community services, working together with partner agencies and professionals.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint 2 x Service Support Assistants to our busy, friendly team who are a vital part of Business Support dealing with all aspects of administrative support in offices conveniently situated close to Tiverton. Day to day activities include taking notes at professional meetings, accurate data input to various systems, collation and collection of data, booking meeting rooms and covering a busy reception desk. The post sits within the wider Business Support function where we can draw on a wealth of support and experience from other Administrators in similar roles
You will need to be able to demonstrate your ability to:
- Communicate effectively and work as a member of a team within a busy office environment
- Input data accurately
- Pay close attention to detail
- Process sensitive and confidential information safely
- Have a good understanding of Microsoft Office
- Effectively utilise technology and IT systems
- Prioritise your own workload and work to deadlines
- Produce work of a high standard
If this is you … please apply today. When completing the application, please read the job description and person specification and ensure you give examples from your experience to evidence how you meet the essential requirements of the post in your supporting statement.
We encourage you to call for an informal chat to learn more about the role so please contact us on 01392 383000, this is a name recognition service, please ask for Louisa Grimes or Trish Heap.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationMid DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
£19,264 - £20,043 (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required