Service Manager - Corporate Parenting (Ref.4919)
- Full Time
- £59,597 per annum
Are you passionate about delivering excellent services to Children and Young People and want to be part of a forward-thinking organisation?
This is an incredibly exciting time to be joining Devon County Council’s Children’s Services, as we continue on our journey of improvement, innovation and positive change. We are committed to working with children, young people, and their families/carers in an embedded and truly restorative way. With this we aim to promote health, well-being, and positive sustained outcomes for all, while focusing on protecting children and young people from harm. We’re raising the bar in terms of ambition and expectation, and we’re excited about what can be achieved in the immediate future.
In Devon, we are transforming our service delivery and have undergone a pioneering new structure changing the face of Children’s Services, in which we are building on our permanent and highly skilled work force and are currently recruiting an exceptional Service Manager to complement our team.
You will have a proven track record in managing high performing children’s social work teams. We are looking for an individual who can provide inspirational, inclusive and engaging operational management in the delivery of key statutory services in relation to Children in Care and Care Experienced.
In return for your hard work, commitment and dedication we can offer you an excellent competitive salary and benefits package, including up to 31 days holiday + bank holidays, flexible working, various high street discount offers, up to £8k relocation allowance, 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme – click HERE to find out more.
Presence in the office is vital to embed positive relationships from the outset. This is complimented by our hybrid working model, whilst still delivering the best possible outcomes for children and young people.
Click HERE to hear from our workforce about working for us and why you should join our Children’s Services. Click HERE to find out what our children and young people want to see from our workforce. #TogetherWeCan
You will be a dynamic, forward thinking inclusive manager, with a key understanding and proven experience in operational management of statutory children in care and care experienced services. You will be confident in driving forward good social work practice delivery across all teams, as well as implement continued improvements and positive changes.
A key pre-requisite for this role is being a strong inclusive manager, who can influence, build and maintain strong internal and external relationships, particularly with our multi-agency partnerships to ensure effective communication and working together.
You will have creative, innovative strategic and operational skills particularly around safe planning, to reduce risk and achieve the best possible outcomes for our children and young people within Corporate Parenting. You will be incredibly passionate about the challenges and ambitions in consistently providing permanence for our children and young people in Devon to thrive.
If you have what it takes to deliver on a demanding, change-driven, senior manager role, where you have the scope to help shape the future for children and young people in in a truly unique County, we’d love to hear from you.
For an informal discussion or more information about the role, please contact Harriet Cadman, Workforce Development Improvement Lead – firstname.lastname@example.org
Face to Face Interview Dates to be held w/c 3 July 2023 or 10 July 2023
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & HealthManagement & Senior Management
- Salary Details
£59,597 per annum
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 Hours Per Week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required