We are an award-winning ICT support service and have an exciting opportunity available to join our team. We support internal ICT delivery to Devon County Council, along with providing, over 810 schools, MATs, Federations and educational establishments across 53 Local Authorities from Cornwall to Kent.
Our aim is to ensure that customers achieve effective and efficient use of ICT that delivers best value and ultimately, improved outcomes including school improvement; keeping vulnerable children safe; promoting health and wellbeing; delivering social care and a range of other local community services.
- Part of a large, well established team
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible Working Hours (Monday to Friday)
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Development Opportunities
- Perks at Work and Discounts Scheme
- 22 Days Annual Leave rising incrementally to 30 based on number of years service (plus 3 statutory days over the Christmas Period, and Bank Holidays)
- Start your IT career and make a difference to the Devon community
About the role
The Service Desk Analyst role resolves incoming enquiries from customers via the telephone, email and self-service portal. The team environment is positive, friendly and has a proactive can-do attitude.
You will need to have strong problem solving abilities, excellent customer service skills and work well as part of a busy team. You must be IT confident and have good communication skills both written and verbal. You will be enthusiastic, reliable with a passion for learning and an ability to juggle conflicting priorities. Knowledge of Office 365 is a distinct advantage however training will be provided.
There is an evidence based progression scheme in place enabling successful Service Desk Analysts to gradually progress to a salary of £32,798.
For an informal chat regarding the post please contact Stephen Orchard 01392 382222
Due to the current circumstances interviews will take place remotely using video link.
What we can offer you
Working for Devon County Council has all the benefits that you can expect from a large employer.
In return for the vital contribution that you make, we offer:
- 25 days annual leave per year (rising with length of service) plus Bank Holidays
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme - more information can be found on the Peninsula Pensions website
- Access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme – available 24/7 to support you with personal and work life
- Flexible working opportunities, including home-working (subject to the needs of the role)
- Discounts from local and high street retailers through the Devon Discounts scheme
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon.
The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupIT
- Salary Details
£19,264 - £20,043 per annum (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required