Senior Youth Support Worker - DYS Space Ltd
- Multiple Locations
- Full Time
- JNC unqualified scale pt 9 - 10, qualified scale pt 10 - 13: £23,739.00 - £27,681.00 FTE
Location: Tiverton Youth Club, Bolham Road, Tiverton, Devon EX16 6SG
SPACE is an ambitious and innovative charity, driven by our values and seeking to support even more young people by developing current and new services. Our employees strive to achieve the best they can and must be committed to seeing the best in others. We value everyone's contribution and create safe spaces for exploration and growth.
Do you want to help us unlock potential with young people and their communities? Do you love a challenge?
We have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to work with young people in their local youth centre and in their local communities. This post requires either an experienced youth worker or someone looking to change careers and work with young people as part of the youth work team.
Transferable skills will be considered. Tiverton Youth Centre is busy and vibrant. The successful candidate will enjoy the challenge of leading sessions alongside providing young people with individual packages of support.
What is the role?
● Leading youth work in a variety of settings
● Supporting the development of co workers and volunteers
● Codesigning and supporting the delivery of social action projects in the community
● Working with partners and stakeholders
● Planning, evaluating and evidencing of youth work
● Helping young people to develop skills and put their ideas into action
Who we’re looking for
● Experienced youth worker or confident that you have the transferable skills required for the demands of the post
● Leadership and confidence
● Passion for supporting and advocating for the rights of young people
● Creativity and solution focused thinking
● Respectful with excellent empathy and kindness
● Ability to multitask, set priorities and reach out when you need help and support
● High commitment to continuous professional practice
● A reflective practitioner
● Space is an inclusive and learning organisation. Our employees should strive to achieve the best they can and must be committed to seeing the best in others
As part of our ambitions to improve equality and diversity, we would particularly welcome applications for this role from those who identify under any of the protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010, which include race, age, disability, gender, religion or belief, and sexual orientation.
What we offer
● Annual leave: 6 weeks for the first 5 years then increased to 7 weeks (pro-rata’d for part-time roles)
● Additional 3 Statutory days given between Christmas and new year plus bank holidays
● Pension contributions starting at 6% rising to 8% in the third year
● Employee assistance programme 24/7
● Free on-site parking
● Casual dress code
● Social occasions
● Continuous Professional Development: Formal and informal training opportunities
● Enhanced sick pay
● Trained wellbeing champions available for a chat
● Chromebook and work mobile
● Value-driven culture
How to apply
Please read the job description and apply with your CV and supporting statement, describing your passion for this role even if you don’t feel you meet every point in the description.
If you’d like an informal discussion about the role, please contact Ben Goodman on 07764326435 or for more information please visit www.spaceyouthservices.org
At SPACE, we work with young people and are fully committed to ensuring their safeguarding and welfare is a priority at all times. As part of our Safeguarding Policy and Procedures, all of our employees, contractors and volunteers will be expected to comply. Upon a conditional offer of appointment being made, all employees will also be required to satisfy our pre-employment screening process which will include:
● An identity check (photo ID)
● Receipt of satisfactory references cover for 3 years to current
● Documentary evidence of right to work in the UK
● A satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
To apply for this post please download and complete the attached supporting statement and return along with your CV either via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or posting to DYS Space Ltd, 100 Club, Wear Barton Road, Exeter, Devon EX2 7EH.
Interview Date: Tuesday 27th June 2023 (at Tiverton Youth Centre in the evening)
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationMid DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupYouth & Community
- Salary Details
JNC unqualified scale pt 9 - 10, qualified scale pt 10 - 13: £23,739.00 - £27,681.00 FTE
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required